
It shows his true personality from the very beginning of his early years. As I’ve said before, he is a child who carefully examines everything, and thinks it through carefully. He is such a smart little boy, or now I must say young boy because he celebrates his eighth birthday today.
It’s so hard to believe he has grown so much in such a short time. It seems just yesterday his Daddy was attending his Aunt’s graduation from college. Since her due date was so close, his Mother was home with her mother and sister just counting what was hopefully, the hours when he would come.
After the graduation exercise, his Daddy came back by the house to drop us off on his way home and just as he was pulling out of the driveway, our telephone rang and it was his Grammy wanting to know if his Daddy was still there. He needed to come to the hospital because they had already taken Mommy in and the new baby boy should be here before long. They had found out months earlier that he was going to be a little boy.
So his Daddy left our house for the hospital with instructions from us to call us as soon as there was news. We decided it would be better for us to stay home and wait for the news, to keep down a little bit of confusion.
Sometime after 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning his Daddy called and told us we had our first grandson. A handsome, huge baby boy. Granddaddy and I went down later in the morning to meet our little prize for the first time.
There’s nothing quite like seeing your first grandchild for the very first time, unless it’s seeing your second, third and fourth grandchild for the first time. Miracles never cease. And babies are just that. Miracles. The joy doesn’t lessen one bit no matter how many you’ve welcomed into the world. They are each precious and loved one as much as the other.
It was such an awesome experience looking into the nursery and seeing that handsome little blonde-headed miracle as he appeared to be trying so hard to escape from that bassinet. As I said earlier, he was a big boy. Not fat, but he was a long and big healthy looking little boy. We knew that baby in that nursery was ours. He was the most wonderful little baby in that whole hospital that day. That long leg was extended, trying hard to get out of that bassinet, and he was really crying. He looked exactly like he was trying to escape. He had life to explore, and he didn’t want it passing him by.
All those other little babies in the nursery looked so tiny. Ours was filled-out and just perfect, active in every way. I smile now when I think about seeing him for the first time. I hope I never forget our grandbabies making their entrance into this world.
My message to you my sweet grandson: You’ve been so much fun watching as you’ve grown into a more mature young boy. I can’t wait to see how much more you grow over the years. You’ve made us proud to have you for a grandson. May you have many, many wonderful, successful years ahead of you. I’m sure you will. Happy Birthday, sweetie. Granddaddy and I both love you, Little Analyzer.
3 comments:
He looks older than 12 months there. Are you sure that picture wasn't taken closer to 18 months or 24 months? Anyhow, they wouldn't have gone to the beach in December, would they have?
Cute picture though!
Nope, I'm pretty sure this was made in November before he was a year old in December. This was one of the very first pictures she gave me and they had gone to the beach with either friends or her parents. She said she laid down on the sand to take this picture.
I don't have anything with a picture with a date on it. I'll see if I can find a copy of the one her mother and daddy had and see if there is a date, but I think they went with friends.
If I find that I'm wrong I'll definitely correct it, but I'm pretty sure it was right before a year. He walked very early.
I'll double check and see what I can find out.
I finally scanned it in on September 5, 2002. I had it for a while at that point. This would have been after the second one came along. I'll keep looking for the disk they gave me. I don't know if the kids borrowed their camera or how they got a copy, but I'm pretty sure he included one on the disk he gave me.
I definitely want to make sure it is accurate.
He was born in 1999; the second one was born in 2002, right?
He was seven months old when you married. He was a good sized little boy at that time. I'm trying to reason out his size for November.
Oh, I've got to find that disk! I guess that's why it's so important to write things down at the time. I can't find the original picture, of course, but luckily I was able to find that scanned copy. I made several copies of 5X7's so I can't even go by the dates I had those copied.
Post a Comment