Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wednesday – January 2, 2008 -

After walking this morning we set out on a mission to find a couple of books that have become very difficult to find pertaining to digital scrapbooking. The book, first version, is no longer being published and it is really going for a mint at bookstores on line or e-bay, etc. I had called a used book store I’ve dealt with in the past and they said they could get one from somewhere in Georgia and used for $102.00. Before he told me the price he commented, “Wow, this is expensive!” Yeah, so we’ve learned.

So it was off to Michaels in a nearby town, sure it was just a trip that we were making for a fun day and nothing more. I looked where I thought it would be, but no luck. I was so busy checking out the new $1.00 stamps they had gotten in, I gave up on the book. I knew it wasn’t there, but we might as well make the trip worthwhile. I found 21 stamps, but ended up putting back two of them, so I ended up spending only $19. well really only $17 because I put back another two at the check out.) And the book I would have loved to have had was $19.95, but not to be mine.

At least I thought it wasn’t to be mine. Until I looked over and there stands my husband with something in his hand and a look of complete disbelief on his face. He had managed to find one copy of the book, first version. We kept looking around, but could only find the one. I couldn’t wait to call my daughter to tell her. She couldn’t believe it, either. At the checkout I asked the girl if they had any 50% off coupons. Our local newspaper didn’t have any Michaels coupons this week, so she let me sign a piece of paper with my name and zip code to get the discount. I had forgotten to get my sister’s coupon earlier when we met, so I was really surprised they let me have the discount. Two bargains, or three bargains including the stamps, all in one day.
Then to Joanne’s for get daughter a copy of the version 2 of the same book. Those are in short supply also. I had found one at Joanne’s near home the other day and there was only one left at that time, but she indicated she would like the version 2 we had gotten, so we went to Joanne. And also, to check out whether or not they might have a copy of Version 1. No luck on version 1, but we did find the one she wanted for Version 2.

After eating lunch I suggested we might try the Michaels near my daughter's house just on the unlikely chance we might find another copy for her. Hubby took part of the store and I took the other. I, quite by luck, found one more copy of Version 1, just for daughter. I felt like I was in a dream and would surely wake up. Interesting enough they had filed this copy in an entirely different section of the store from the one in the other Michael's, but nevertheless I found one and hubby found one. Another call to daughter . She couldn’t believe it, either, but now we both have our own set. Well, hubby and daughter have their own set because he is playing around and learning our copy . But that’s alright. If I need help I can count on him to help me out if he learns it first and he’s enjoying it.

Since we were so close to their house we carried daughter's copies over so she can play with them before we get together again. I know how much more fun it is to have one in hand. And maybe she would be able to play a little while The Little Princess was asleep.

Daughter had called me earlier this morning while we were walking and told me that The Little Princess had stopped throwing so much of her food onto the floor. Now she’s decided it fits better on top of her head. She had to stop after breakfast and give her a bath since she had so much junk on her that a wash cloth wouldn’t clean it all off. Just think of the advantages of a yogurt facial and hair treatment. You can never start too early, can you?

No comments: