Friday, January 25, 2008

Wait! What do you have in your hand, Little Princess?

The Little Princess led me on quite a run through the house the other day when she was here. I had left the door opened and she escaped. No, not outdoors, but into the forbidden parts of the house. But I was quickly on her trail.

Her Mommy called while I was in hot pursuit so she already knows about this, but since I failed to cover this in my earlier blog, I thought, just for the record I would cover it here so Little Princess can see just what she was truly like as a little girl.

Phone on shoulder and running as fast as I could, I kept her in my sight. She's making a right turn! She's heading into the bathroom, and now she's picking something up from the floor. She is standing suspiciously close to the toilet. Thoughts that ran through my mind, “Wait what do you have in your hand, Little Princess? Oh no, please don’t drop it into the toilet!” Or, maybe I even spoke them, I don’t remember. She had picked up a fresh roll of toilet paper, and I was so afraid she would dunk it right into the toilet before I could get to her. (Granddaddy hasn’t learned after all these years, that the toilet paper holder has a little thingy that has a spring in it and when you push it to the side you can actually remove the cardboard reject from the previous roll of paper and add a fresh roll of paper. Someday he may learn! But for now, I can only hope.) There you go again, feeling sorry for “poor Granddaddy.” Will you never stop?

From inside the telephone comes, “What’s she doing?” In the meantime, she flies past me still holding onto that roll of toilet paper. “Let’s play a game of 'catch me', Grandmomma.” That was the look on the face of that little girl as she giggled her way down the hall with that roll of toilet paper.

I caught her, finally, and confiscated her prized roll of toilet paper, but I was really, really sure it would have made its way into the toilet before then.

Maybe she'll help me get in better shape.

No comments: