Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday, January 13, 2007

Not a whole lot to add to my blog today. We've had a nice, quiet day in. The weather is supposed to get cooler and maybe some rain, but so far, it's just been a quiet day.

We talked to our son in New Jersey last night and he says our youngest grandson is supposed to be coming back with his other grandparents either this afternoon or tonight. My daughter-in-law drove down (to them, it's down, but that's hard for me to get accustomed to) to Washington, DC to spend time with them and leave him with them for the trip back down here.

My son said because of the weather he thought it took her maybe five hours to drive it. Don't know what the normal driving time would be, but anyway they made it there safe and sound and hopefully they'll make it back the same way.

The second grandson went up (oops, down) with her while the oldest stayed home with his Daddy for some quality father-son time. I know they both enjoyed that. He had a scouts program and they visited some museum in town and then were spending the rest of the week end working on his derby for the race car derby entry in boy scouts. He got a new pocket knife for his birthday present earlier in December and he was getting a chance to use it along with some carving tools he got. He has wanted a pocket knife since he was two years old, I kid you not, but of course, Daddy said he had to prove himself responsible enough before he could have one. Now he's in scouts and he is responsible enough for one. He will enjoy it so much. Daddy says he has already cut himself, but that is to be expected.

My son said the two of them were just hanging out enjoying a junk food week end. Now that's always a fun time when you don't have to account for eating all those healthy vegetables, fruits, meats, etc. Everybody needs a week end occasionally for that kind of fun.

Anyway, the third grandson will be here for a few weeks, but I don't know exactly how much time that means. Anyway, maybe we'll have a chance to spend time with him. We'll probably give his other grandmother time with his before we get him. That will give her some needed rest in between times. Sometimes you need that when you're dealing with a little one, especially one as active as he can be.

His visits will probably be few and far between since I'm sure they have to pay for a full ticket flying with him now. Too bad they can't let the little ones fly for a lot less so grandparents can still enjoy their visits.

I know he has grown so much since we saw him three months ago. This age is an age of such fast changes. I can't wait to see how much he's changed and matured. He's a real sweetie. Of course, they all are.

It frightens me to think it won't be long before he'll be in real school (pre-k) and then our time with him will really be limited! At least right now we get a few days in between. And maybe he'll get a chance to spend some good quality time with The Little Princess. He has always seemed to love spending time with her even though there a year's difference in their ages. I hope he's gotten over that throwing things stage. I don't want her hurt, but I also don't want her learning new habits because of being around him. Guess that's to be expected, though, huh?

I'm sure she'll learn to fend for herself without too much trouble. She's a rough and tough little girl when she needs to be, and it is a jungle out there you know.

No comments: