Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beautiful snow now gone...

When we got up to walk this morning most of the snow was melting from the rooftops. It was a short-lived beauty, but there is a possibility we will have a repeat coming in on Saturday morning. Just in time for Granddaddy's birthday!
We were supposed to keep The Little Princess later this afternoon but since she has managed to finally pick up a cold, she had a minor one just before her first birthday and this is her second one in her lifetime, our plans were changed. It was certainly enough to make her miserable. She had a doctor's appointment which her mother kept. Everything was on par and she's coming along just fine according to the doctor.

I hate to add too much to the blog because her mommy needs to add her own little bit to it and I don't want to take away from hers. She can record it more accurately than I can.

She called later in the morning to let me have an update on it. Funny thing was as soon as we finished our walk I decided I could wait no longer and hit the button to call to check on them. My phone rang as soon as I hit the call button and it was her. How is that for mental telepathy? It was about time, I have to say! I was concerned about how she was doing this morning.

Little Princess did have to get those miserable shots today and mommy thinks she is feeling so miserable because of the DPT shot. Those can make a little one feel so bad, that's for sure. Add that to having a bad cold and it does make you feel terrible. She wanted to be held all the time, which her mommy was planning to do since she felt so rotten from the shots and cold. She decided she would just spend time with her instead of going to her meeting today.

Mommy and Daddy also had to cancel their date to celebrate their 10th year anniverary of their first date. Maybe they can re-schedule that for another day after everybody is feeling better.

Has it really been ten years since they started dating? That means it was ten years ago my son was in the hospital after having oral surgery. I spent the night at the hospital with one miserable young man, while his daddy went home to make sure there was no problem with an old boy friend of Little Princesses' Mommy showing up at the end of her date with Daddy. (If memory serves me correctly, they were out together with her then college roommate and her boyfriend, celebrating her roommates birthday today. Her brother was very concerned the old boyfriend might be there waiting for them when they got home and create a problem for and he wanted his daddy to go home to make sure nothing happened. He couldn't talk at that point because his mouth was so miserable from the surgery, but he wrote me a note that showed he was very concerned for her. He was really putting pressure on that pencil/pen to let me know it was urgent! (Somewhere I have that note around still.)

Everything turned out just fine and she finally officially broke up with the old boyfriend, which was a very good thing in my opinion. He was a nice enough person, but he was just not good enough for our daughter. Hmmm, don't we always feel that way when our child is involved? I'm sure Little Princess will have a few boyfriends before any of us decide there is one who is good enough for her. But, just like for her mommy, someday, somewhere her Prince will come. It doesn't mean he won't go through a lot of scrutiny and be subjected to a few "written" questionnaires like her Daddy was. He'll be better able to understand in a few more years!

1 comment:

Mommy Belle said...

We actually had her first date with just us. My college roommate and boyfriend did not go along on the date. Instead, hubby and I went to dinner at Red Lobster and then went to a movie at the Buckhead Backlot movie theatre where they serve dinner during the movie.