Annabelle, her cousins, aunt, uncle and Nonnie had baked cookies over the week-end, along with Mommy and Daddy. They did a very good job on their cookie-making and their decorations were beautiful!
Somehow Mommy had left the decorations out on the table, you know the kind...all those cute little teensy round green/red/white thingies; the colored sugars, and other fun things. About four, five or more little bottles of them.
Well Annabelle decided she wanted to move them from the dining room table to the living room sofa. (Thank goodness this was not under my watch, but her mother's.) She dropped them a few times. Some went into the waiting bag that hadn't been unpacked from Monday's visit with Grandmomma and Granddaddy, when we thought she might be spending the night. Some went onto the sofa. Some went onto--where ever.
Somehow she had managed to hold on to one of the little containers, and I'm guessing she was attempting to unscrew the lid when suddenly all those teensy, round, green/red/white thingies scattered everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Before any of us knew what had happened we had a nice pile of them all over the carpet.
I said, "Well, this looks like this calls for some heavy duty vacuuming!" Mommy had already gone off to the other room to pull out the heavy duty cleaner and what do I see? Sweet Annabelle immediately grabbed her Elmo vacuum cleaner and began her own cleaning. Mommy was just a bit too slow. Annabelle was on the job before Mommy could haul that big, heavy thing from the closet.
I have to say, I'm amazed at how her Mommy manages to maintain such composure and control over the disasters that happen with an inquisitive two-year old. Mommy wasn't at all upset and she didn't fuss at her; she just went about cleaning the mess up. After Annabelle had done her own vacuuming. Mommy truly has the patience of Job. And in my unbiased opinion, she's a darn (that's d-a-r-n) good Mommy. Annabelle, you are truly one lucky little girl, because you can make some more messes, sometimes. And in a quick little hurry, too.
There are times when it would be much easier for Mommy just to clean, cook, etc. all by herself, but she patiently waits for her sweet little independent daughter to get things in place so she can assist Mommy. Grandmomma's still trying to remember how important it is to have Annabelle's help, but I think she's getting a little better at it most days. Annabelle certainly teaches us patience.
Now, what is it that stay-at-home Mommies do all day? Watch soaps, eat chocolates, gossip on the phone all day, visit with their friends for cocktails? Oh that's right, that's all they do. I remember those days now, myself! Ah yes, carefree, nothing to do days!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They are called sprinkles. And, you think I am patient?!?! Ha! I don't ever feel that way.
You forgot to mention that as she ran to get her vacuum cleaner, she said, "Me do it!" right after you said, "I think this is going to require the vacuum cleaner."
Post a Comment