Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh, the imagination of a two-year old...

Sometimes I wonder where it comes from at such an early age. They just seem to have built-in qualities that just can't wait to burst forth.

As Annabelle and I were playing earlier today she showed another quite imaginative quality I couldn't believe in a two-year old. We were squished between an over-sized, misplaced by a big Christmas tree, recliner with a bunch of things between us. I was trying to maintain a little control over that two-year old,trying to keep her from tripping forward over some of the hundred or so toys she had strewn on the floor. Little Octopus, that's just one of my names for her, was hitting me in the head with a few of those arms and somehow she ended up sprawled out with Baby Addie on the floor, underneath her little body. Then she realized as she tried to move, that Baby Addie would rock back and forth, back and forth and she could move her body when she stretched her arms and legs out and Baby Addie would keep her off the floor. Out of that sweet little mouth came, "See me, Grandmomma? I'm a butterfly!" She has another word for butterfly that doesn't come out exactly that way, but it's so close you know she's saying butterfly. Mommy will have to write how it sounds when she says it.

Yes, my sweet baby, you are just that. You are a little butterfly, and I love watching you change day by day into newer, more beautiful things. My sweet little butterfly! I love watching you flit from here to there, exploring, learning, living. What will you discover tomorrow? I'm so glad I'm able to be a part of your life and watching your changes, hearing your funny expressions. You wear me out sometimes, but I wouldn't want it any other way!

1 comment:

Mommy Belle said...

How funny is that! I wonder how she made that connection. She says "butterbye" for butterfly.