you found homemade things to entertain yourself? Today I emptied a box of salt and remembered the fun I had when my kids were growing up and I made little peep shows for them. It was usually shapes of stars, circles, etc. something very simple and easy. I used an old fashioned ice pick to make mine. The kids would look through the salt-pouring hole and see their own little version of the punched out star, etc.
I made the old standard star by drawing off a star cookie cutter (we were using those today to cut out some cookie dough for sampling) then punching around the star with the ice pick.
Annabelle thought that was pretty cool when she got a chance to peek through the hole. I tried to show her how to close one eye and keep one open. That's still a little difficult for her, so we put our hand over one eye and peeked in. Later when I was looking through the hole, she stopped me and showed me how to put my hand over my eye so I could see the star. I had shown her to do it that way and that was the only way to do it.
Sometimes simple is so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment