Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What my blog banner represents

The lace represents our precious little granddaughter. At times it looks doubtful lace will be her choice of wear once she can make the choice. I fully expect her to take her spot in life living up to the ability to handle hard times, if necessary, just like her great grandmother, my mother. There was no time for frilly lace in her day. I pray the baby's life won't be as difficult, but that she will be able to continue on through any tough times as well as the easy times.

The denim represents our wonderful three little grandsons who need heavy denim to withstand the rough and tough lives they lead. Each one can demonstrate a sweet, kind and compassionate side, but they each are 100% boy in every way. You never know what will come out of their mouths next. I've loved writing down their little expressions through the years, and I miss them so much since they moved away from us!

I love them all. We have been more than blessed with our four grandchildren and their parents.

The house and buildings in the center of my banner is a picture taken of the view from the kitchen window in the house across the road. It was a Norman Rockwell view from the house we almost bought several years ago. The deal fell through at the last minute because it was tied up in an estate and for reasons too complicated to explain here, the house was simply not meant to be ours. We enjoyed the dream while it was there, though.

I have mourned the loss of that house for four years now and mostly because I loved that view. It was not meant to be ours for reasons unknown to us, but we just have to trust the Lord that it was in our best interest, overall. I still have my memories from the pictures we made and this will always be one of my very favorite pictures. It reminds me so much of my humble beginnings.

When I see an old house, run down or still in tact, one of my very favorite expressions is, "That house has character." Either of my kids can see a house and instantly know if their Mother would like it. I love a house with character. I wouldn't swap my humble beginnings for the castles of any of the richest person around. I'm not ashamed of where I came from.

1 comment:

Sober San Antonio Social Club said...

I love your blog header, I wish more sites would be a little more personal. It is nice to read about you and your family.