Today is Thanksgiving. Seems like time passes so fast lately. It was only yesterday we were celebrating Thanksgiving and now it’s here again.
I have so many things to be thankful for everyday, but since today was a day set aside for us to specifically stop to reflect on giving thanks, here are a few of mine. Certainly not covering everything, but just a few.
1. For my sweet hubby, who lets me think I’m getting my way most of the time. He’s the best husband one could hope for, and the best Daddy two kids could ever dream of having. He's always led by example in everything he's done. The kids learned many of their values by watching him go to work every day, faithfully providing for his family, and in his honesty and his caring for people. He’s been my support and teacher while I struggled to learn Photoshop Elements so I could make digital scrapbook pages remembering fun times with our four grandchildren. I’m always amazed at his ability to conquer the technical world. He can do anything he wants to do. Computers and technology were never a part of his livelihood; it was simply a hobby he taught himself years ago when the kids were little, and he’s continued throughout the years. Many times I would have thrown the computer out the window, but he’s always managed to fix my problems and get me back on track.
2. For my son who has also become the best Daddy to my three little grandsons. Even though his job has been taxing at times, he spends as much good quality time with his boys as possible. He’s a good husband, a good provider, and a good support system for my daughter-in-law and grandsons. He’s what the world needs more of…a good man to raise future good men. I'm convinced that is the reason God blessed him with three boys. He will do the best job any man can. I’m proud of him in everything he does.
3. For my daughter-in-law…She’s a loving mother to my grandsons. She keeps them in line in a firm, but caring way. Little boys need that. No, little boys have to have that. She and my son are both good moral compasses for their little ones. She’s been most supportive in my son’s transfer out of state to a more challenging job. Without her help and support, it would never have been possible. I give her lots of credit. She forfeited a lot so he could go forward with his dreams. She assumed a lot more responsibility for his goals to be accomplished. I’m glad you’re my daughter-in-law.
4. For my three precious grandsons. I miss them horribly, but life changes sometimes, and it was always my goal in life to see my children and grandchildren happy in marriage, life and career. About the move, the decision was not mine, nor should it have been. Their happiness is all that matters. I miss those sweet boys and all the funny things they said and did when we had time together. I’m thankful for at least those memories and look forward to many more in the future, even if they are so far away. I’m thankful also to see they have made the change with few complications. They’ve adjusted nicely to having their little worlds turned upside down, at least for the moment it happened. To The Analyzer, I'm thankful for your intelligence, your attention to the slightest detail, your common sense and your love for your brothers (most of the time); to Little Free Spirit, I'm thankful for your kind-hearted side, your love for your big brother and tolerance of your little brother, for your bright little sayings; and to Beautiful Blue Eyes, for your impish ways of teasing your big brothers, holding your own with them, your sweet spirit and just for being you and for being a member of our family of denim. I have so much to be thankful for.
5. For my daughter who is without a doubt one of the most patient mothers I know.I am amazed at how much patience and stamina she has with my granddaughter. I'm thankful for her love for her daughter. I’m thankful she’s able to stay home with The Little Princess, and that she and her husband recognized the importance of giving up monetary pleasures at least for the moment in return for the benefits Little Princess will receive. Also, because it gives her Daddy and me a chance to spend good quality fun time with both her and our granddaughter. Never question your choices or your abilities, my daughter. You deserve more credit than you give yourself.
6. For our son-in-law who has helped make it possible financially for our daughter to stay home with our granddaughter. For all his support of her efforts in raising The Little Princess. For being the wonderful husband he is to my daughter, and the caring Daddy he is to our granddaughter. For his gentle side that will teach our granddaughter how she should expect to be treated by men in her future. For his loving side which will teach her how to love. I can’t say for the discipline side because he will never be able to be the disciplinarian, no matter how much he thinks he will. He's already putty in her tiny little hands. She melts his heart right now, and it won’t change the older she gets. And, I’m glad you chose our daughter. You may just be a 'keeper'!
7. For The Little Princess. I’m thankful for being able to watch her as she grows and changes from one phase of her life to another. Seeing her as she becomes more and more of a challenge to her mommy in the little things. For wobbly little legs that get her into so much trouble. For sweet babbles from her precious mouth. For little displays of attitude she gives her Mom and Dad, just to show she's her own little being. For someday being my partner in crime as together we take on her mommy and teach her a few of life’s little lessons. For that beautiful, dimpled smile that is displayed on that sweet face most of the time. And for adding a bit of lace to my life already wonderfully blessed with beautiful, but tough denim.
8. For siblings and the chance to spend time remembering the old days, and what a pain in the neck they used to be. They’ve gotten a little better over the years!
9. For something we haven’t heard in a long time…the pounding of rain on the rooftop. Thank you Lord for a nice hard soaking rain.
10. For the chance to spend this Thanksgiving Day with at least a part of our family, though the other part remains out of state. They are remembered and loved. And we had loads of good times before they left.
11.These are just a few of my 'thankful fors' which of course, I didn’t include the food, and other things we take for granted. Too many other things, and I’m too long winded, so suffice it to say, I just did a few of the extra special ones off the top of my head.
Have a glorious and Happy Thanksgiving Day. I plan to. Playing with the Little Princess and maybe even finding time to visit a few minutes with her parents and my sister and brother-in-law for a few hours! And then maybe home again to do nothing more than enjoy the nice brisk, crisp fall day we've been waiting for so long.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment