
Saturday, November 24, 2007
An incident I remembered about The Little Princess that happened on Thanksgiving Day. After The Little Princesses’ Great Aunt and Great Uncle left, I was attempting to help her Mommy do a few little odds and ends so they could get out the door without too much more delay. I volunteered to fill the the kitty cats’ bowls of water and food. They might need extra nourishment and water while their master and mistress were away.
I heard The Little Princesses’ mommy call. I went to see what was so urgent. There sitting on the floor in front of the kitties’ food bowl was my sweet little Princess. One by one, piece by piece she was transferring the little bits of dry cat food from one bowl to the other. She wasn't interested in eating any of it; she just wanted to put it into the other bowl, piece by tiny piece.
I made a mad dash to find my camera. I made it back just in time to disrupt her fun. I think I missed the good pictures, but I followed her around to try to get some follow up ones. Just as I was snapping away The Little Princess picks up the bowl with the most food in it

and…there it goes…she tips it up, cat food scattering all over the floor! Camera was placed securely out of reach and Grandmomma proceeds to clean up the mess. After all, I was on duty at the time the mess was made.
The Little Princess walked all over it…with her little bare feet.

It didn’t seem to bother her at all until I mentioned it to her and sympathized with her. Then she felt it crunching and realized it was attached to her feet, and then she became a bit upset. Stop and clean the cat food from her sweet little feet and then it was back to following her around to see what she gets into next.
That’s one thing I love about her mommy. As long as it isn’t harmful , she lets her explore. So it takes a few more minutes of her day (more like hours when the time is all calculated), but The Little Princess is given the opportunity to discover the world around her. In my opinion, that’s very important for a child development. That’s the way she feels her world, sees her world, learns the world around her enjoys and progresses through her little life. Picking up cat food is a small task in comparison to the lessons The Little Princess is learning. Thank you Mommy, for realizing this and for being such a wonderful Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment