Thursday, November 15, 2007

Put a little hand on Sweet Baby’s Head…

This was one of my Mother’s first and favorite things to teach each of her grandchildren when they were little tiny babies. Over and over she would tell them, “Put a little hand on Sweet Baby’s Head”, until at last they made the connection and put their tiny little hand on their own little head . It’s such a sweet gesture and will melt your heart to watch them.

This was a carry-over tradition for me with The Analyzer, Little Free Spirit and Beautiful Blue Eyes, so it was only natural The Little Princess should learn where Sweet Baby’s Head was.

It has been so much fun watching her over the past months as she’s learned to reach up and pat Sweet Baby’s head. There’s nothing any more fun than teaching a little one (as long as it’s your granddaughter or grandson or niece or nephew,) to put their little hand on their head, especially when it’s a little hand that has just been ground into squished up carrots, mushy green beans, sticky pears, or greasy birthday cake. Hmmm, unless it happens right after Baby has had a bath and is nice and clean from head to toe. Then, the look on mommy’s face is priceless!

Thank you Mama G, for teaching me this form of sweet revenge to use on my wonderful daughter, your granddaughter. It’s so precious and sweet, she won’t complain a bit about it. After all, Queen Mommy’s favorite Grandmother was responsible for starting the tradition, and she could never be mad at her.

I wonder if this tradition will be passed along to another generation by The Little Princess?

I sure hope so. I've been doing my best to carry on some sweet memories for future generations.

1 comment:

Mommy Belle said...

I cannot be mad at her, but I sure can blame you for peas in the hair, and I can make YOU clean it up! I guess it is alright though because it is so very sweet when she does it. She looks so sweet and innocent!