Sunday, December 2, 2007

A day with the Little Princess…

Monday, November 26, 2007
The Little Princesses’ Mommy went to work early today. Yes, she is a stay-at-home Mom who works at her leisure, but sometimes it's necessary to find an outlet outside the house, and this was a good excuse. It was an all-day meeting which her company has yearly and is part of the continuing education she is required to have yearly to keep her CPA license up to date. Even though she’s working part-time, she still has to have so many hours in order to maintain her CPA license.This is a good outlet for her and a good chance for her to be able to spend time with her old friends from the office. The only problem was she felt there were so many new people who have come in recently she felt like an outsider. Those usual insecurities that come from a Stay At Home Mom who is struggling to make sure she has made the right decision for both her child and her future. Only she can deal with that and come to the decision that she can live with. I know when to keep my mouth shut...most of the time, and this is one of them.

Anyway, while she was gone (all day, I might add, a.l.l d.a.y.), The Little Princess decided she wanted to play with a little step stool that holds her bathroom toys. It was stored underneath the chifforobe and after she tried to get me to get it out and I didn’t, she laid down on her little tummy and tried to pull it out herself. I finally helped her get it out, and she enjoyed playing with it all day, off and on. In and out went each of the little frogs, ducks, fish, and other little toys. She entertained herself for quite some time each time and she would go back to it again and again.

Another time I told her “I love you”. I say that to her constantly everytime we’re together. I said it to her one time and it sound like she said “I love you”, back to me. Her Granddaddy was standing outside the door and that’s what he said he heard. He said it before I mentioned it. So, see, I'm not just making that up!

Her Granddaddy was standing with her in the living room and was barking at her like a dog, “woof, woof, woof, woof!” and he made head movements while he said it. She kept making a noise like, “woof, woof, woof, woof back at him and shook her little head forward just like he did.

She loves her kitty cats, especially Shadow. She doesn’t spend too much time around Jezebel that I’ve seen, but when Shadow comes by she takes time to reach down and pat her. She did this today, also very gently, so as not to hurt Shadow. I worry more about a cantankerous old black cat or an irritable old Gray one hurting The Little Princess than her hurting the cats. She has been scratched by one or both of them in the past, but she’s learning to be more gentle.

She had her morning nap and only slept for about 40 minutes, but she fought me for about an hour then to sleep for about another 50 minutes for the afternoon nap. I had teased her mother before because one time she told me she ”had only slept 52 minutes to be precise.” Now I understand what she means when she counts precise minutes. All of them are very special, especially to the caregiver.

She seems to be cutting those two bottom teeth even though you can’t see anything. She is putting everything into her little mouth and chews so hard on those bottom gums. She has been so good in the past, when teething. You hardly ever, if ever, see any drool like a lot of babies teething, and she doesn’t complain all that much, but it just seems she may be getting some more teeth in. she only has four precious beautiful teeth on the top and two on the bottom, so she’s ready for some more on the bottom. Sure hope she doesn’t suffer too much with these others.

Today was one of those rare days we’ve seen lately. We have actually had some rain. Not pleasant to drive in, but still nice to have since we’ve been under quite a drought lately. I took The Little Princess out onto the front porch this morning so she could put her little hands out and catch a few raindrops. She really seemed to love the feel of the rain on her little skin.

At lunch time I stuck some peas and carrots together onto her spoon and handed it to her. Everytime she would turn it over before she got it up to her mouth. Since the carrots and peas were on her spoon and kinda glued down, she was able to keep them on the spoon until she finally got the spoon there. Her breakfast and lunch consisted also of Cheerios. This morning Granddaddy called me in to see her throw her Cheerios into her mouth. Open mouth. Throw in. Open mouth, throw in.

Later in the afternoon we took The Little Princess down to her Mommy’s place of meeting for, shall we say, a little snack. When I told her we were going to go see Mommy and why, she had the biggest smile on her little face and she came across the room ready to go. I’m sure she knew exactly what I was trying to tell her.

She has a little round plastic ball that somehow got away from her. She had the most fun trying to find that little ball once it fell. I got plenty of pictures of her trying to get that little ball. Under the high chair, under the serving chest. She had so very much fun.

She also discovered the hot water spigot. Tried to cut it on but I kept stopping her and she couldn’t succeed. That is going to be a job keeping her away from that
bathtub.

She loves to read her books. Her Mommy is reading ‘James and the Giant Peach” to her. She loves to see that book. There aren’t too many pictures,certainly not colored ones in the book, but she knows it has special meaning because it means plenty of time with her Mommy. And maybe no naptime!

After I put her down for the afternoon nap, she threw her paci over the back of the bed. I had to go and dig it out from under the bed. She loves to throw her bunny and dolly on floor, also. What is it about children that makes it so much fun to throw their stuff overboard at naptime and then cry for it?

It was a very short nap this afternoon. I’m missing something in the translation of what she’s wanting me to do. Guess I’ll have to check with Mommy about it.

She climbed up into cabinet where cereal is kept in the kitchen to let me know she was hungry. She’s a girl of few words, but she knows what she wants.

She was glad to see her Daddy when he came home. I'm sure she was glad to see Mommy, too. I didn't see her expression. We made a fast escape out of town!

1 comment:

Mommy Belle said...

That was fun to read. I could just picture her doing everything you had mentioned in the blog. Too bad the video camera wasn't running when her and Granddaddy were barking.