Granddaddy and I got out to walk this morning with my sister and her husband. This gave the little one a chance to get her morning nap and her mother a chance to have a little time she needed to gather her thoughts again.
They are having company this week end. A cousin on The Little Princesses’ Daddy’s side is coming down for a visit, but first they are meeting with Daddy to see about getting a Christmas tree. It will be no Christmas tree farm for the Little Princess this year. And such a lovely day it is for Christmas tree hunting. Maybe another year and she’ll be really excited about it.
Granddaddy met his brother for lunch. He came into town to help his son move into a new house. Things didn’t work out for us to get together last night. He was so late getting in and all of us were getting a bit hungry and grumpy (the Little Princess, especially), we decided it would be best just to let Granddaddy meet him for lunch today.
The Little Princess can really get an attitude. She expresses her little self in a noisy manner when she doesn’t get what she wants. I’m thinking it’s that attitude hidden behind what was supposed to be that red hair. It’s finally showing up. She scrunches her little face up and really lets loose with her noises when she’s not happy!
And did I mention that teeth grinding? She will have those six little teeth ground down to stumps if she doesn’t stop. Drives me insane. It’s not just a little grinding, it’s major grinding! Hope she outgrows that in a hurry!
I put some yogurt in her dish. Yes,the whole container at once. Her mommy protested so much I had to mess up another dish just to divide it up. She attacked it instantly with her two little hands. Strawberry yogurt was everywhere. But she
was so cute. I stuck a few Cheerios on the tip of her nose and the side of her face and on her chin. She didn't seem to mind at all. Just let me do my thing. She kept eating and smiled about it.
When she finishes she starts to drop food over the side. She watches her mother or daddy to see if she can do it before the catch her. She's a determined little rascal. She maintains eye contact. I think she believes that as long as she keeps their eyes on her they won't see her drop it. But she still pushes the buttons. Then, of course, Mommy is the spoil sport and takes her food away. But at least she expressed herself by dropping it while they were still looking at her! Funny girl. You're just practicing for defiance in the future, aren't you?
It wasn’t a real eventful day today. I’m sure there is something I should report on about the Little Princess, but other than the teeth grinding that’s about all I can think of.
She and Mommy left shortly after lunch. Guess what I did? I recuperated! At least partially. Got a good nap at least.
See you next week Little Princess. Love you.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment