Saturday, December 8, 2007

Something I forgot from yesterday...

Something I forgot that happened yesterday was when The Little Princess and I were looking at the front of a Martha Stewart Magazine. Martha was holding a puppy dog and Little Princess and I were talking about it. I asked her to point out the doggie for me. We talked about everything around Martha. The pillows, etc. then I pointed out the pretty roses on the table in front of Martha. I asked her if her daddy ever gave her mommy pretty roses. She turned around and immediately pointed to my little old fashioned telephone table where I keep a cluster of red silk roses. Now I don't know if she knew those were roses, whether she just knew they were flowers, or what it was she was thinking, but she related to it properly. And the flowers on Martha Stewart's magazine were yellow, not red. I believe she knew they were the same kind of flowers.

I don't remember if I shared this yesterday, either, but she would want to go from the family room (which was closed off to her) to her room where she sleeps. She would spend a minute in there by her little bed, look in and then walk into the bathroom. She would stand beside the bathtub and look like she wanted to get in to take a bath. Kind of leaning over, looking in. I told her I didn't think it was time for her to have a bath yet. I didn't know whether she was wanting to get into the tub or just play with the toys she plays with when she's in the tub. I just watched her for a minute or so. She stood by the tub and her little head nodded up and down, up and down, like she knew what she wanted. I don't know what it was all about because she finally left and went back into the family room.

Another time while we were playing and she was handing me toys she said something that sounded much like "tank 'ou" Several times. I would say Thank you to her when she would hand me something in return. I watched her and one time she walked away from me and I heard her say, "Tank 'ou" a couple of times and that little head bobbed up and down just like she had earlier in the bathroom. It was almost like she was thinking, "That's what I wanted to say. I have it all figured out. Thank you." It was almost a serious discovery she had made. Too cute.

No comments: