Sunday, December 16, 2007

Visit to Santa Part 2

December 13, 2007
The Little Princess had a complete change of personality once we left Santa. She was a totally different child once we left his sight. She and I walked around the Santa zone and looked at the fun backgrounds and talked about them for a while. Mommy went back to the car to get her stroller so she could ride in it later. Daddy had to go back to work.

The Little Princess, Granddaddy and I stopped for a few pictures at the Mailbox for Santa’s letters. She also loved climbing up onto the seat and the desk used for writing those letters to Santa. She is so funny watching her climb. She throws that leg up high with every intention of accomplishing that climb no matter how high. She really loved playing on that bench. I was so afraid she would fall and hurt herself just in time for pictures this week end.

When mommy got back she decided The Little Princess needed to be rewarded for her behavior. Mommy was really expecting Little Princess to be on much better behavior than had happened earlier in the day, but still I think Mommy had worked her taste buds up for an ice cream treat, so off to find Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat.
She welcomed the ice cream treat (a blizzard) and ate quite a bit of it. Of course, we all knew she hadn’t really earned it with her bad behavior with Santa. But since she’s worth it, we forgave her.

She was really beginning to feel so much better and really got wound up. She would flash those beautiful dimples and smile and laugh at almost everything. All afternoon.

We even took her with us when we went to Costco to have her pictures developed.
While we were waiting for the pictures to be developed, I thought it would be fun to ask her if she wanted to go see Santa again. There was almost a look of horror on her little face as she studied my face to see if I was serious. But she recovered. She knew I was only teasing.

During our tour of Costco we came across a cute baby doll. She loved it. I held it so she could see it and we talked about her. She immediately saw the baby also had a teddy bear of her own. It was a really cute little doll set. Hmmm, wonder if I really need another doll at my house?

Back at the house I pulled out a Pin Art toy I had bought years earlier for the boys to play with. You put your hand or any item on top of it, flip it over and little pins drop down making an impression of whatever you have put on it.

I loved watching her while she turned her head this way and that way trying to figure out how those pins could drop from one side to the other and make the design. It was a little tilt here and a little tilt there peeking inside the best she could. I wonder what she will be years from now. She's so inquisitive.

Her daddy came over after his photography class and visited with her and us. She would have bedtime by the time they got home so this gave him some time with her.

She is such a clown. She threw that leg up and started crawling up on top of me while I was sitting holding her. It's hard to describe, but it was as though she thought I was a mountain or something to climb one step at a time.

You never would have known the "trauma" she experienced earlier with Santa. Or, maybe we should say her determination not to visit with Santa. All I can say is, "Little Princess, You'd better watch out, you'd better not cry, you'd better not pout, I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town...whether you want him to or not!"

No comments: