Monday, December 10, 2007

Pzazghetti Face


We met The Little Princess and her mommy for lunch at one of our favoritiest pzazghetti places. When we got to her house she was still sleeping. Very unusual, but Mommy said the Little Princess had stayed up really late last night so she was ready for a nice long nap.

Mommy and Granddaddy were tinkering around with the computer so Mommy asked if I wanted to go in and wake the Little Princess. Just as I was opening the door I heard the sweetest little sound inside. She was laughing and making happy sounds...until I opened the door all the way and she saw it wasn't her mommy. She was so disappointed until I told her Mommy was just outside and she heard her voice.
We gathered a few of the necessities and Granddaddy picked her up out of the bed.

She was excited for us to see her new Christmas tree all decorated. She kept trying to tell us and pointing to it. It was lovely. She and her Mommy and Daddy did a fantastic job decorating her tree last night.

Inside the restaurant, Mommy tried to give The Little Princess some lettuce with ranch dressing, but no, that little head went from side to side, she didn't want that stuff. Finally after a few minutes of exerting her independence and realizing Mommy wasn't going to make her eat it, she decided to try it. Surprise! She actually took several other bites of it, pointing and telling Mommy she was ready for some more. She couldn't get the spaghetti fast enough. She held onto her Mommy's hand and arm trying to get her food faster. Mommy also gave her some chopped up mushrooms. Guess what, the girl belongs to us! She liked those mushrooms. I do have to acknowledge, however, that she showed her Daddy's side of the family at the end concerning those mushrooms her mommy added to her tray at the last. Head twists side to side, no more. But to be honest she really was about stuffed at that point.

She had managed to cover her little face with the spaghetti sauce and was quite happy with the results.


At one point she hung some food over the side of the high chair and her mommy said, "Did you throw food on the floor? We don't throw our food over the side of the high chair, do we Little Princess?" Little Princess looked at her and shook her little head side to side to side to side acknowledging they don't throw their food overboard.

When she was finished she rolled up the diner's mat just like she always does with us. She was finished and it was time to move on. In the meantime somehow she discovered the table cloth underneath her mat, and she didn't stop until she had pulled it up, high up, checking to see what was under it. A little further each time she pulled. No, she didn't rip the dishes off the table, but I'm a little surprised nothing came off with her exploring.

Her mommy brought out the two crayons the waitress had left with her along with a picture for her to color.
She had her red crayon and green crayon just waiting to color Mommy a nice picture. Mommy said this was her second time to play with crayons, but first time that she had really known what to do with them. First the left hand, then the right hand. She's trying out to see which she likes the best. Her Nonnie is left-handed so we're watching to see if she develops more of those traits. There is a good bit of left-handedness on my side and also on her Granddaddy's side as well. So she can probably easily go either way.


She slung those little crayons around on that paper like a master artist slings paint from his brush onto his canvas. And she put her whole little self into her masterpiece. She was funny to watch. Then she decided to taste the crayons, one by one. First the red one, then the green one. Then one by one she bit the tip off each one. In goes Mommy's finger, digs out the crayon. So patiently, but Little Princess continues to chew on a small remaining part of the crayon. Back with the finger again. Later in the car I would find tiny little flecks of green where it had come out of her mouth with some juice or spit, whichever. But she had fun and learned some fun things by experimenting. And I think she may even survive the tad of crayon she got in her mouth. She did enjoy playing with those crayons so much. It would have been a shame to have deprived her of a new experience like that.

We took some pictures by the tree.
She loved the Christmas balls. She was so gentle with them. Then outside to see if we could get some good shots of her. She and I played stepping on our shadows again, and yes, we did call them that this time, but we also called them stepping on Grandmomma and Little Princess. She loved this game.


She was all over the porch, peeking at Grandmomma through the rails like a common criminal, trying to copy Grandmomma throwing leaves up into the air, running here to there, until some of us finally got tired and we all went home.

One more thought that just came to my mind...I have tried over a few months of her life to teach her to put a little hand on sweet baby's head. She finally figured it out. Now when I say anything about "sweet baby", her little hand pops up to her head. Now I'm trying to get her to reply "Grandmomma" when I ask her, "Who loves you?" Sometimes I say "Who loves sweet baby", because I forget which one I'm supposed to use. Yep, right there in the restaurant, with little hands all covered with red spaghetti sauce I asked her who loves sweet baby. Before I thought. Out pops her mommy's hand, grabs Little Princesses' arm and holds her back. (Such a party pooper!) Mommy was so sure that was going to trigger the memory of "sweet baby's head" and she would be smeared all over her face and head with spaghetti sauce. She didn't. She was a good little girl.

On the way home I tried reminding her of another little game we play. I try to get her to wink at me. The best she can do right now is blink, but she might get that down before long. You never know.

You can only have so much fun in one day and we had all about reached our quota for the day. So home it was. Another fun day ended.

ETA: When we first were seated in the restaurant lots of fun, groovy music was playing. (Christmas music, of course!) The Little Princess loves to move to the groove. And she had a ball keeping up with all the fun sounds.

1 comment:

Mommy Belle said...

I cannot even wink! What makes you think you're going to teach my daughter to wink when you, obviously, failed at teaching me!

The last few paragraphs you need to edit...you have been trying to teach her "Who's sweet baby are you?" You put that you are trying to teach her to "put a hand on sweet baby's head." She already knows how to do that.

As I always, I enjoyed your recap!