
She had a bit of a restless night, but maybe that will clear up once that gigantic tooth in the back of her mouth comes thru. I wonder if it doesn’t feel to her just like it would to us if we were having a tooth pulled without Novocain. It must make her whole little mouth and maybe even her head hurt. And she is just barely getting started. We took her out with us on our walk. She seemed to enjoy it.
She’s still very quiet and cooperative as long as you don’t take her out of that stroller. But beware, if she comes out, she’s out for good.
At lunch she had her usual (with grandmomma and granddaddy) ice cream cone which she enjoys so much. I fed it to her from a spoon until she got down to the cone. I’m trying to get her to learn the concept of licking the ice cream. She would enjoy it so much more. She’ll get there, I’m sure. Mommy said when I left the table she tried to get her to eat some from the same spoon but she was having nothing to do with it. I tried later and she ate it from the spoon for me. I think Mommy was just funning with me.
She’s a sticky little mess pot when she finishes her ice cream cone and of course, we didn’t have the camera for the second time. But next time we will make sure we have one in the bag because I love watching her eat those cones.
Her mommy doesn’t know how to feed her. She puts just a dib of that and a dabble of the other in front of her and makes her ask for more. Grandmomma puts it down on the mat and lets her have go at it as she wants. She’s still a mess one way or the other.
She’s going through her little stage of wanting her wound kissed when she’s injured. She still holds out just a hand, regardless of where she’s wounded. It still makes it better to get a good old kiss. Earlier she was eating some Cheerios from her little Snack Trap and I guess she must have gotten her little hand hung in it and thought she was injured because she put up quite a fuss and held her hand up for a kiss. The reason I think that’s what happened is later I saw her with that little hand scrunched up inside that Snack Trap and it could have hurt! (Speaking of that Snack Trap…I’m not sure I would highly recommend that thing to any new mothers out there.
The very first time Beautiful Blue Eyes used it he figured out how to scatter those Cheerios all over the house just trying to get them out, and after our walk Little Princess managed to leave the remaining Cheerios from her Hansel and Gretel trip through the mall, back at the entrance of Sears…all over the floor. I just pretended we didn’t know her and walked on. I had already cleaned up one pile of them just before we got to that point.
Oh, I’m fairly confident some little kid came along and cleaned them up for us, before his mother could stop him. Well, at least she hadn’t licked off them, at least not that I know of.
I have to tell you she has lots of patience at least with some things. She and I stayed home while her mommy and granddaddy ran an errand or two. She kept losing all those Cheerios. They wouldn’t stay in any container, so I just handed her one of the little fine china plastic tea set cups for her to use.
She promptly tipped it over and dumped them out.
She sat in the floor and picked each one of them up and put them back in the cup…one by one...over and over and over and over again. She tried to hold Teddy while she was carrying the cup and the cup wouldn’t stay upright.
I can’t count the number of times that child picked those Cheerios up and put them back into that cup.
She promptly tipped it over and dumped them out.

She sat in the floor and picked each one of them up and put them back in the cup…one by one...over and over and over and over again. She tried to hold Teddy while she was carrying the cup and the cup wouldn’t stay upright.

I can’t count the number of times that child picked those Cheerios up and put them back into that cup.

Finally she drew up new rules for the game...I will just dump them all out and let Grandmomma pick them up or vacuum them up, whichever Grandmomma decided was easiest for her.
Yes, you do see a paci in her mouth in these pictures. Just a few minutes earlier she had been playing around on the floor and who knows how, but her feet got twisted around her shoulders and she went down to the floor…kerplunk…then from her back to hit her little head. On the foam mats I might add. She wasn’t wounded seriously (I don’t think) but you would have thought she was dying. She let me cuddle her for a little while then she climbed down, still fussing and went over to her bag and let me know she wanted her paci out of it. Now what good Grandmomma would have said she couldn’t have her paci when she was obviously suffering from a brain concussion?
Of course I told Mommy about it (I think I had managed to confiscate it before Mommy got home) and her first panicky question to me was: “Was she hurt? Did she lose consciousness?” Yeah, sure I just poked the paci in her mouth and let her lie there until you got home, Mommy, and now I’m telling you about it. Better call an ambulance! I’m amazed she and her brother ever survived since I was such an awful Mommy.
Anyway, she did have a mild melt down. Little Princess, not Mommy. (She was screaming and hollering and kicking her feet, does that count for mild? Well, maybe just screaming. ) I had suggested maybe she could give me the paci while I took a picture of her without it. She handed it to me and then the melt down occurred after she handed it to me. Apparently those weren’t the exact words I had used. I must have said something like, “Let Grandmomma see your paci, Little Princess," and that is when she took exception to me taking it from her and putting it beside me while I made her picture.
That’s the reason you don’t see her paci-free in these pictures. She can be patient with Cheerios dropping from her cup, just not having her paci removed from her mouth.
Next time she comes over I’m going to hook her up to a pedometer. I know that child travels 200 miles or more a day.
Her newest fun thing is to take me by the hand, walk over to the closed door and then she wants me to open it so we can go back to her room and read books and play. Anything to get away from the room we’re in. Then it’s back up to the front of the house. Repeat. Over and over again we played this game.
One of us got very tired while the other thought it was lots of fun. That’s why babies and little kids need naps—very long naps, so the one who is really, really tired gets a chance to rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment