This morning was much better than the previous morning. Beautiful Blue eyes was awake at 8:00 instead of 6:30. He did rouse up about 6:15 for a short time but went back to sleep without a lot of trouble. All during the night I could feel him reach over and touch my face, my nose, my mouth. I guess he was trying to figure out who was in bed with him.
We took a few minutes getting up out of bed because we had to do our stretching. It was up to the sky and down to the toes and out to the side to buy myself a little more time to open my eyes! The nights are getting shorter for some reason.
He asked me a couple of times this morning, “Take your gasses off, Grandmomma.” I wasn’t quite sure why he wanted me to take my glasses off, but I did anyway. He had mentioned it one time earlier when we were still in bed and I tried to explain to him I had to have my glasses to be able to see. I soon found out after the second time why he wanted me to take them off. He gave me a great big giant sized hug and kiss. He didn’t want to break my glasses, I suppose. Wasn’t that so precious in a two-year old little boy? I loved it, of course.
We didn’t go on our walk today for several reasons, not the least being the fun we had Saturday with him. His aunt and the Little Princess came over to spend some more time with him before he goes back home to the cold northern states.
They really enjoyed spending time together. BBE is such an affectionate little boy. He can be explosive and very loud when he wants to be but then again he is a little two year old just going through his stages, I suppose.
We ate at Golden Corral today so that both of the kids would eat a good meal without turning down what we were offering them. Little Princess did not mind eating. She ate and ate and ate, while BBE went on strike for everything I offered him. He would gradually consent to eating this or that, but to begin with everything was something he didn’t want. And he didn’t want anything cut up for him. It had to be his choice of size he ate. I struck pay dirt when I asked if he wanted the cantaloupe and honeydew. He didn’t really care that much for the mandarin oranges, but he did eat a couple of bowls of cantaloupe and honeydew, along with a bunch of sweet potatoes and pork chops along with fried onion rings. He did have a couple of screaming sessions that threatened to clear out the restaurant, but he finally settled down.
The two little ones really enjoyed their ice cream cones I fixed for them. Finally BBE decided to turn him cone upside down on his mat and Little Princess, not to be outdone, proceeded to do the same. Their cones were soggy and filled with bite holes and finger pricks by the time they finished with them. Some cute pictures will follow when I have the time. I just need to make sure the words get down for the time being.
Mommy to Little Princess really didn’t appreciate some of the lessons being taught by cousin because she was really picking up on lots of things he was doing. He would climb up on the car carrier toy and I think he tried to stand. She watched him do it and followed him all the way. She didn’t want to listen to her mommy when she told her not to do it.
Earlier in the day I had taught Little Princess how BBE and I would load all the little Hot Wheel cars into the dump truck then dump them into the little divided carrier he had them in. She loved the repetition of doing this over and over and at several points I thought they might come to blows over who was going to load and dump, but they finally worked it out and played together quite nicely.
He is so gentle with her to be a two-year old with two older brothers and for an only child of 15 months she is a pretty good little sharer. They really got along quite well.
They both sat in the recliner and I would bounce the ball across the floor to make it go up into the recliner where they were sitting. They loved this little game. They laughed and laughed and bounced it back to me.
His aunt was quite a hit with him when she got down on the floor and told him all about some of his cars and had him match up on the little car mat, places you would find their cars, such as fire trucks, police cars, garbage trucks, seadoos, etc. He listened closely while she explained to him how the garbage trucks would drage the trash up into the truck and smush it down. Both of the little ones watched her carefully as she smushed the pretend garbage on the floor, then they did the same thing imitating her. It is amazing how fast kids that age pick up on things you do. Just amazing.
Little Princess knew his paci was his and not hers and she would try to make sure he had it whether he needed it or not. She was constantly bringing it back to him. I don’t think she once tried to put it in her mouth even though she also needs her paci at times. He didn’t try to put hers in his mouth either, but then they are pretty much different in lots of ways.
BBE is still missing his mommy, more so than he has expressed since he has been here. I feel so very sorry for the little fellow because he is trying to be so brave, but it hurts him. One day I wrote about the pictures he keeps in front of his plate. They were of him and the other two brothers. He asked me, “Where’s Mommy?” I decided I needed to put a picture of all the family. That made him very happy. He was on the pretend phone talking to his middle brother and he told him he meshed his mommy. I will be happy for him when he finally gets to see his mommy once again. It makes me so sad. (He continued to talk about missing his mommy even after he and his Granddaddy tried to settle him down for his bedtime tonight.)
After we ate lunch it was past the little ones bedtime for afternoon nap, but we attempted to get them down anyway. BBE wouldn’t give it up for more than an hour. Little Princess got an hours’ rest more or less. By the time she got up he was ready to fall asleep. He slept for one hour before we went in and woke him up. I figured he would be very upset, but he wasn’t too bad. Just a little bit fussy.
I am so tired at this point, so I will bring it to a close for tonight. If I think of other things to add later I will probably add them just for the record and I will add pictures at a later date, but for now it’s time to call it a day.
BBE will be leaving us tomorrow. I hope he’s had a fun visit. We’ve really enjoyed him. He’s just a handful and it is no fault of his own. He’s just being normal and we’ve enjoyed the day with both of the baby grands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment