I just talked with BBE's Daddy and big brother. BBE and Grammy didn't get into the Newark airport last night until 11:00 or later. They apparently sat at the local airport here from 3:30 until approximately 2 1/2 hours before arrival. I don't know who to feel sorry for the most, Grammy or him. I don't know the details of why they were so late. Maybe it was a blessing in some ways because he should have gotten a bit of sleep on the plane. I just know the Little Analyzer said he was glad to see his little brother and probably wouldn't send him back away from home again for at least another ten years. I'm betting that will change very shortly, however.
Little Analyzer asked me what I gave up for Lent. I asked him what he gave up. His Daddy said tell her you gave up alcohol. I said, "Yep, that's what I gave up, too." He said, "No, Grandmomma, it has to be something you like that you give up." I think he said he settled on giving up school? He likes it, but I don't think he's going to be able to give that up.
I sure hope that was his daddy telling me that Little Analyzer was giving up alcohol and not Little Analyzer saying he was giving it up. He doesn't like alcohol! I'm guessing since it has to be something he likes. He is only eight years old, after all. Maybe just a few years too young to have developed a taste for alcohol.
They were headed for the Boy Scout store so they could buy weights for his Derby racing car which he has sanded down and painted a bright red. They will take it over tomorrow to have the weights put on/checked, then on Sunday he will have his race. Just the final touches to make sure everything is legal on his racer. I'm pulling for you Little Analyzer.
Oh, and he used his little pocket knife his Daddy gave him for his eighth birthday. Something he has wanted and dreamed about since he was at least two years old. Daddy said he has cut his hand a few times while trying to carve his car, but nothing serious, just a few bleeds here and there.
When he said he painted it a bright red I told him I knew why. He didn't want to have his blood stains shine through his paint job. Wonder how many other cars will be painted red for the same reason?
Excellent job, I'm sure, Little Analyzer. I know you've done your best and whether or not you are the number one winner on Sunday, you are still number one winner with your Grandmomma and Granddaddy. Break a leg. Figuratively speaking, not literally. We love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment