a picnic on the floor of the family room starring Pizza Hut pizza made of pepperoni, mushrooms and pineapple. Yum! Annabelle came to visit this morning while Mommy went about her day doing other things. So, at lunchtime Annabelle and I decided we needed to celebrate this very cold, windy day, not outside in the sunshine but inside having a picnic in the middle of our kitchen toys. Granddaddy brought the pizza back in and we were in business.
It's always fun to approach our food from a different view and since it was so very cold today and supposed to be tomorrow, the picnic was just what we needed to brighten our day.
After a picnic of pizza, applesauce and yellow cheese (because Annabelle thought Granddaddy was eating some) I mentioned maybe we could eat donuts afterwards. The donut idea was suggested before she finished eating, so that may have influenced why she was "done" in a very short time and ready to move on to the donuts.
We had some coupons left from Christmas for free donuts, so after persuading Granddaddy to "let's go get donuts! Now!" we headed out to Krispy Kreme donuts with three coupons in Annabelle's hand. She was in charge of the coupons. But earlier we played the game of matching the gift cards on her coupon strip and mine. She's very good at matching those up with no problem and points out what's on each one.
Mommy had made me change her pretty little shirt with her name on it into something else while she ate pizza so that meant she had to change back into her pretty shirt before we could go get donuts.
After I pulled her top off and right before I put on her shirt she looked at me and said, "I nekked, Grandmomma!" Then her Granddaddy walked in and that didn't make her happy. She told him the same thing and turned toward me and tried to hide from him so he couldn't see her. Granddaddy thought I was telling her that she was naked and he was afraid she wouldn't want him to see her and he would have a problem if she was left along when he had to take her potty. I assured him I hadn't encouraged that. That came from her own little mouth and mind. Could she possibly be becoming a bit modest at this early age?
Did I say it's windy? Yep, it is. Almost blew our heads off. But we made it inside the donut shop very quickly and picked out our very favorite choice of donuts. Granddaddy chose a cream filled one, Annabelle picked a nice plump one filled with pretty multi-colored sprinkles. Grandmother wanted a simple chocolate covered cake donut.It reminded her of earlier days when she worked and every morning was filled with chocolate-covered cake donuts and a Dr. Pepper. Yeah, I know, really healthy, huh? But if you have to work you may as well start the day with a fun breakfast.
While we were waiting for the lady to pack up our donuts, Annabelle and I made our way around the side of the donut shop so she could watch them making donuts. Much to my surprise we couldn't watch them make the donuts anymore. They almost always have the hot donuts sign flashing at this shop, and they were icing a pile of donuts, but we couldn't see them as they dropped the dough, etc. like we used to be able to. Big disappointment. I was so looking forward to letting her watch the donuts being made. Wonder if they still make them the old way at the original donut shop in midtown.
She enjoyed herself without seeing the whole process. We pulled out the donuts, pulled out a chair, and jumped into the middle of those three donuts. Annabelle doesn't eat a whole anything dessert wise unless it's maybe cake. She eats a few bites and then she moves on. While we were eating she noticed a balloon. I turned to find one of the workers making her way over to bring a bright red ballon and a Krispy Kreme hat for Annabelle. Talk about making a little girl happy. The worker tied the balloon onto her sleeve coat and put the hat on her head. She was in heaven.
Since she didn't finish her donut we took it home minus about three small bites she's taken from it.
She managed to get into and back out of the car at our house without losing her balloon. As a matter of fact it was still attached to her coat sleeve when she finally went to the back to take her nap. I'm seriously doubting that plays out into a nap. More like it did the other night. I can hear her talking to herself, reading her books, and talking about Grandmomma.
Much to my sorrow we left the camera behind. What was I thinking? This was her first trip to the donut shop with us and we missed some really cute pictures. When will I ever learn?
I knew it couldn't last! I've heard the voice change from her room and upon opening the door I knew what it meant! Yep, she did her usual. She left me a present to open and enjoy. Mommy you missed another one. She tried to talk me into believing she had already had her nap. She said she had already been "shhh, shhh", but I knew better. I've been spying on her from the front. Now she's fussing. We'll see who wins this one. I won't bet good money because I'm pretty confident who will win.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment