Yesterday we joined my sister and her husband for lunch at Journey's End for a great buffet and to celebrate his 80th birthday. We were joined by Mommy and the two little ones in the family.
As Annabelle returned to the table with her Mommy, she slipped and fell into a chair hurting her little head but mostly getting a bad burn on her knee as result.
While trying to comfort her (after Mommy, of course) we were discussing how it had happened.
I pointed out to her that the round rug under the table and protruding a little outward was how she tripped. There was a rectanglar rug that she had stepped off of and the round one was just a bit over the top of it.
She wanted to immediately correct the problem, but I convinced her it would be fine that way.
She listened to me and left the rug the way it was...until we were ready to leave. She didn't forget what the problem was, however.
I looked down and there on her little wounded knee she was trying to correct the situation...and she didn't stop until she did. She promptly re-arranged the rug to correct the situation. Only I saw her because Mommy would have had a fit had she seen her on the dirty floor.
Now I'm wondering how many elderly people are going to trip over that rug because she re-arranged it for the restaurant. I guess they would fall either coming or going, so I didn't try to rearrange it. At least they won't have a plate full of food when they fall.
I see so much of her Mommy in her sometimes, it's frightening, but I have to snicker because it's so much funnier now than it was when I was trying to raise such a little perfectionist. Now I don't mean I was trying to raise her to be a perfectionist, I was just having to raise the little perfectionist she was determined to be.
I have no doubt her Mommy would have done the same thing at that age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my! No, I didn't see her do that, but it doesn't surprise me one bit.
Post a Comment