Sunday, Granddaddy and I took care of Annabelle while her Mommy and Daddy had a little free time to go to a final class they had preparing for Beebow. After they returned we were sitting around the table and Annabelle apparently didn't appreciate us spending our time talking to each other so she set about her own little way of making sure she was in the conversation.
She and I had spent some time earlier playing with some freebie booklet she had received from Highlights. We were trying to find the mitten, hockey stick,paint brush etc. and a couple of other games in the pamphlet. She had just retrieved it from our house, but while it was there Granddaddy had apparently tried to find some of those items because he said to me, "Those are hard to find!" Anyway, the following is basically what happened and the expressions she made as I remember them.
Annabelle: Does anybody want to play this game? Raise your hand if you want to play.
Finally after feeling sorry for her because nobody would volunteer, one of us raised our hand. She would come over and we would find the missing item, then we would go back to talking, until once again she got our attention and on and on it went. She is not one to be ignored.
Annabelle: I'm the teacher. Does everybody know the rules of the game? Does anybody not know the rules?
If anybody wants to play just raise your hand.
To this, I raised my hand and waved it. She walked over to the table beside me and in her most authoriative little three-year old voice she informed me:
Annabelle: Grandmomma, just raise your hand. You don't have to wave your hand. Just raise your hand. I can see it.
After being appropriately disciplined by a three-year old, she and I played for still another look and match. Then on to the others. Someone asked her if she wanted to play the game, also . This is her reply:
Annabelle: No, I'm the teach-er (with a little emphasis on 'the teacher').
There were probably more things she said that just about left us rolling on the floor, but this were the gist of what I remember. Mommy, feel free to add your comments on what she said.
I really don't know where this sassiness came from at such an early age, but she's certainly practicing her skills for her future profession of becoming a teacher. I'm glad I don't have to go through anymore school days. I don't think I would survive being in that teacher's class.
But she's just so doggone cute, I just might enroll in her class. If I survive the years until she becomes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't recall the "does everybody know the rules?" She did say, "I'm the teacher. Does anybody want to 'pay'?" And, she actually told you, "No, no, Grandmomma, you don't wave your hand, just raise it." She did not like you waving your hand, that was for sure!
It could have been like you said. I know it was something along those lines and as I said it was the gist of the conversation. I didn't have anything to write it down when she said it and she moves so fast now that I can't remember it all. Thanks for your slant on it. It was still funny.
Post a Comment