Thursday, March 18, 2010

1960's Little Hippie Chick - 2010 Style

Tuesday, March 8, 2010
We were headed out for our trip to the zoo this morning and while Mommy and I were busy packing our picnic lunch, Little Princess entered the room with a couple of boxes wrapped around her tiny body. Apparently she was a choo-choo train or whatever. What struck me as the cutiest was seeing her dressed in her hippie outfit.

Her hair was adored with a crown of flowers, her neck was draped with her beads and she was just dressed in style like a 1960's flower child/Little Hippie Chick! So adorable and I was left with my hands busy with turkey sandwiches and no camera.

I asked her to wait for me to get my camera for pictures, but just being Annabelle, she decided I would have to wait to get my pictures.

As we got into the car I handed her the tiara to put on her head. She looked at me and said, "Not.until.we.get.back.home!" I decided it wasn't worth the fight so I returned the tiara to the house.

Later that night we stopped back by the house and I asked Mommy to pick up the tiara. Annabelle had promised me and I was holding her to her promise.

It still wouldn't happen until after we ate, though. Then she allowed Mommy to put on the tiara. I have to say, she acts as though her Mommy is killing her when she works with her hair.

Then she gets into position for picture making. She twists and twirls and wiggles and squirms, beads flying, tie twisting. How my camera was able to catch the movement is unbelievable because my small camera doesn't catch movements that fast. I think this was probably just Annabelle's way of living up to her word but hoping I wouldn't get good pictures.

I fooled her. I was able to get a few good ones afterall!

And I love the picture on the right. She looks like she is putting on her jacket to make the great escape. Time is up for Grandmomma's photoshoot.

When we finished with our meal there was a dessert of Angel Food cake left over from a trip to Sam's for picnic items, earlier in the day. She took her piece of cake and showed her mommy, "Look Mommy, it's a camel!" Indeed it did look like a camel.




"I can't believe you ate my camel, Mommy!"


And here she is just being cute!

No comments: