Friday, March 5, 2010

From 15 months to 8 years in no time flat...

Saturday, February 27, 2010

This second grandson of mine has changed in so many ways I can't even begin to list them. But for his birthday, which was a few days earlier, he decided he wanted to cook a spaghetti meal and he and his Mom sent out e-invites through the internet. Their first try and apparently it was a success. First time I had received one, but it was a fun invite.

The invite indicated he would be cooking and serving a meal for us in honor of his birthday. What a unique idea! As I said, he's only an eight year old. He would be cooking spaghetti, a tossed salad and a birthday cake!

His Mom said the night before she had sat down with him and made up a grocery list of all the items he would need and they made their trip to the grocery store, shopping for the necessary items. He even thought to include a bouquet of flowers to add to the main dining table. Mom said she had not thought about the flowers, but he did.

On Saturday he began his meal. He made a beautiful tossed salad loaded with pretty, healthy vegetables. He cooked regular spaghetti noodles and also some whole wheat pasta. And with limited help from Mom (she added the heart on his frosted cake) he prepared a beautiful yellow cake with chocolate frosting as the topper for his dinner.

As he greeted us at the door his words were, "I'm so tired!" I'm sure he was indeed tired. He had spent his day preparing a spaghetti dinner for us.

I was able to snap a few pictures of him enjoying his plate of spaghetti, lighting the candles on the cake and the final picture of his completed birthday cake. There just isn't room enough on the space I had to include a couple or more cute pictures I had. These were the cutest telling the story.


The 15 month old pictures came to mind when we received the invitation, so after the dinner I had Granddaddy pull the 2003 pictures from archives and I made a couple of cards from the pictures. I loved the picture of spaghetti draped over his sweet little foot and had to use that picture somewhere on one of the cards, but I loved the cute pictures of his sweet face and had to use those on the card background as well.


On the bottom pictures, third one over there is a strand of spaghetti draped on that sweet little left ear of his. His left ear...look closer.


Who was supposed to be watching this kid that night? Just let him play in his food without stopping him at all. But he was quite cute, I have to say.

I reminded his Daddy of his cooking experience with Boy Scouts when he was about eight years old. He had to prepare a meal for a badge. He did remember and said he could also get credit for a badge in Boy Scouts. He certainly deserves his badge. He did a great job.

No comments: