Tonight the girls, all three of them, had dinner with us. This was the conversation about what I served:
Annabelle: Grandmomma, you fixed the right chicken tonight!
Grandmomma: I did?
Annabelle: Yes it is my favorite!
That was nice to know I had pleased my sweet granddaughter.
And what kind of chicken did I fix, you ask?
It was Barber Foods, Creme Brie and Apple, filled with Brie, cheddar, & Mozzarella cheeses, sliced apples and cranberries.
It just happens to be the favorite of her Grandmomma, Granddaddy and now her Mommy as well as Annabelle. You just can't beat it. But don't go stealing it from my stores. I could only get it from Sam's for the longest time, and only there around Christmas time. And, not all Sam's stores carry it. It was a seasonal item from them. Why? I have no idea. It is sooo good.
I bought up a bunch of it at full pice at Sam's when it came out Christmas this past year and then found it at a much reduced price just as the season was closing out. I went back to get more (yeah, I'm greedy, but I love what I love) and someone had wiped out the whole case! Someone was much greedier than I because I would have left a little bit. But Publix has started stocking them in a two-piece package. I bought several when they had them on special recently with a coupon from Barber. The woman who helped me find them told me if they kept selling them they would keep stocking them, so it makes sense to me to keep buying them. Some Publix stores were more difficult to find them in because they apparently had already sold out or were close to it by the time I got there.
One of these days I am planning to work up my own recipe, casserole style, using what Annabelle calls "Nonnie's Chicken". It just takes time and for me to be in the mood, plus cooler weather, for me to spend my time one it, but I'm telling you folks, I will make myself independent of that company one day!
Until then, we'll keep trying to buy them at the best price possible.
I have to agree with Annabelle, they are the best!
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment