Thursday, June 24, 2010

Gotta write about it

About three weeks or so we were visiting the girls at their house. Mommy had decided she needed to break out a bathing suit. Since she had only given birth a few short weeks before, she was skeptical about how she would look in her bathing suit. Apparently she went up into the attic to find the previous one she had stored up there. At least I thought that was what it was, maybe not. That's not important. She was just in the attic for something.

Annabelle comes running into the living room and says, "Grandmomma, I think you need to write about that!"
What was I to write about? Mommy had hit her head on a rafter or something and Annabelle thought it was very funny. I'm not sure what salty language Mommy used, or if she did say anything at all, but Annabelle thought it needed to be documented.

One time several months ago, and before Sophia, I was trying to give her a choice of pictures we would work up and I would make into cute 5 X 7 mini-scrapbooking pages to cover special things or pictures we had of her. As I was writing down the particular number of photos (which, I might add, was pretty much all the pictures we viewed!). somehow I got side-tracked and didn't mark down one she thought was worthy of scrapping. I had told her earlier where she could look to see the number of the picture on the computer. I hadn't written down the one she "liked" and after telling her I didn't know if I had written it down or not, when I came back to my notes I found little scribbling just below the last number I had written down. She was determined I would not miss one of her favorite pictures. Apparently she didn't find a number on my list that matched the computer. So funny.

Does any of this tell you which way our conversation goes when we're around her? Write it down, write it down, write it down.

No comments: