Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm a cute kid, aren't I?







I'm such a cute kid, aren't I?


June 30, 2008
Today is Monday and Mommy has an appointment so she brought Little Princess over to our house instead of us meeting at her house. She had originally planned to go from her appointment directly to the office and work for a while, but she decided she really needed to get other things done today, so she came back home.

Some of the funny little things she did today included:

I gave her a magazine that was turned upside down. She looked at it and said, "Ut oh!" and turned it back right side up. She's done this with some of her books, etc. I also tested her with another book to make sure it wasn't just a flunk. Her Mommy said she also does it even if the book doesn't have pictures, just words. Somehow she knows which way is right.

I had some square blank paper notes near the computer. She thought it was lots of fun to take each paper one by one and take it to the little table she was playing on. Back and forth, back and forth, she made each trip and then found a pen and used it to write on some of the papers. Oh, I know, that's not a big deal, but it was cute to watch her doing it.

We pulled in the Little Tykes table we used the other day when Beautiful Blue Eyes came for a visit and let her use it today. We set up the playhouse on the table and she played with her Little People on it for a long, long time, perfectly happy.
We finally switched over to the tea set and that was fun for the rest of the day.

And another thing, today I pulled out an old apron my Mother had at her house from years ago when she wore aprons. Sunday aprons were only half aprons. Daily aprons were ones with bibs. I fastened it around Annabelle and she loved her apron. We filled her pockets with goodies until she was drooping.










We all ate at Golden Corral together for lunch before putting Little Princess down and before she and Mommy went home. Yep, that girl loves her water-mella-mella-melon




and her ice cream cones.






It seems some days all we do is eat, especially when we go to her house. She doesn't seem to mind. She eats at her own pace. I'm sure I've mentioned that before, though.


I had pulled out her Mommy's old doll she had named Julie. She is almost as tall as Annabelle, but not quite. Her Mommy said she was a good bit older when she got that doll. She had another one she got for her first or second birthday which was a big, big doll, also. This one the Little Princess seemed to enjoy playing with.




She would put her on the floor in front of her with both their legs sprawled out and they would play 'patty cake' with each other. She was a riot to watch. She tried sitting in big baby's lap for a while, also.

Yes, and one of those top pictures shows her with a banana. She doesn't like her food cut into small pieces. She lets you know immediately she wants big, big pieces and goes into a melt down if you cut it. I only cut it into two pieces and convinced her she really had two big, big pieces of banana, not just one. She was OK with that this time. Next time I may not get away with it. She's a pretty smart little cookie, I tell you.

I always think I will remember the cute things she does, but if I don't write them down and I wait to write about them, I forget. I'm sure there are other cute things that sweet girl did today, but for now I'm not remembering them.

2 comments:

Mommy Belle said...

That doll of mine in the picture was actually not "Julie." "Julie" was the other doll (similar in size) that you had mentioned I had gotten around my 2nd birthday. I cannot remember that doll's name.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I found her dressed in one of your little 18 month old dresses with red bunnies on the front. Her hair looks like mine does most days. She and I have the same beautician, I think. She'll never be the same. Poor baby. I can't remember what you named the last one either, but at the moment her hair looks better. Now after Annabelle finishing with her...