Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Some experiment results

My banana experiment has gone as follows: The banana on the counter inside the cereal cover has retained its yellow color more; however, it has become riper and is less firm. The banana I took out of the bag as of yesterday per my daughter's suggestion is much the same as the banana in the bag on the counter.

The banana in the cereal bag inside the refrigerator has gained a few brown freckles over the last couple of days, but the banana feels firmer than the ones sitting on the counter. Refrigeration has apparently kept both the ripening process and I think the bag has helped maintain the coloring better than putting into a brown bag or just in the refrigerator.

Maybe my next batch will include putting some in a bag with holes punched in the bag. I think I will use a hatpin with a mouse pad underneath for punch the holes when I try this experiment.

Still letting these bananas work for a little longer, however.

No comments: