I love any pictures of her. I really love her in person. Isn't she the cutest?

Oh phooey! The picture I thought I was pulling up had a heart on both sides of the wording at the bottom and were angled in. Much cuter, but I'm way too tired of fooling with pictures today to bother to fix it. It's still cute.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
I write about this little incident, not because I think I am going to be forgetting it soon and might need to be reminded, but because in its own way it was funny...after the fact.
My son called and suggested we all get together this week end for a visit, eat and then maybe take the boys for a good swim to burn off some of that excess energy they seem to have accumulated over the past few months. Sounded good to us, so we made arrangements to meet at "Welcome to Moe's", which is a very favorite of the boys. Since he had not seen The Little Princess in sometime, her Mommy and Daddy along with Little Princess were invited to join us.
Mommy had already made plans to work Saturday, but big brother got in touch with her before she was left stranded without a car. Daddy was enlisted for babysitting and needed transportation that would include a car with a car seat for baby girl, since he drives an ugly green truck. Little Princesses should never be found in an ugly green truck. Not now, not ever!
We were all finally there and trying to make a little sense out of the bedlam that can be created when you have three hungry little boys or even just three little boys, hungry or full. Their Daddy had gotten their order, left it at the table for them to eat and they were to get their own drinks. Daddy left the lids to the cups at his place across the table. I was trying to be helpful by getting Beautiful Blue Eyes settled in to eating his soft taco, which was hot and sticking stubbornly to the foil.
I managed to finally pry it loose, hand it over to him and was silently bragging on myself for accomplishing my good deed for the day, when suddenly I feel a rush of ice cold something or other in my lap, just a brief instance before I heard Little Free Spirit utter a "Ut Oh!
I don't know which hit first...the ut oh or the splash of liquid.
Kids cups must be made to hold at least a quart of liquid or half gallon or maybe even a gallon even though they don't appear to hold that much. They must. Because I know I was dripping with at least a quart or more in just my pants.
Now is a good time to mention that after walking this morning we made a special trip back by the house so I could change into some nice clean clothes...a clean pink top and yes, a clean pair of white pants. Those white pants didn't stay white very long at all. About five minutes after we got together with them.
Oh yes, there was at least a half gallon of liquid on the floor under the table, under my chair, and just about everywhere nine chairs can cover, but mostly under my chair. Did anyone who worked there race over to help us? No, no, no, no, no! Not a single one. And they weren't that busy.
I'm suspecting they've seen this group of three boys before and decided it would just be best to let us sit in our river of pink lemonade rather than clean it up and then have to do it all over again.
My daughter did make an effort to clean up some of it while I continued to drip along the side lines. She probably used up most of Welcome to Moe's annual allowance of napkins and it would have served them right if she had. You don't just leave old folks with liquid pouring from their bodies....and their clothes. They might catch pneumonia!
In all fairness, it was just an accident. He was only trying to get his lid, which his Dad should have put within his reach. His little arm just tipped the cup over. And I forgave him, once I regained myself.
My daughter thought it was funny. She said the look on my face was priceless and I can only imagine she's right because it was indeed a priceless feeling. One I don't care to experience everyday.
So much for a clean top and clean white pants. And so much for making a trip by the nearby Joanne's. I'm not sure I could have explained those tie-dyed pants I was sporting. At least the pink lemonade was a pretty good match for the top.
Yes, I forgave Little Free Spirit, but as for his Father, I'm still harboring a bit of hostility towards him. He'd better be careful. Next time I may put him in the line of fire instead of me.
And close your ears and eyes, Little Princess, me thinketh you already know too many ways to get into trouble and don't need any tips from the cousins.
I write about this little incident, not because I think I am going to be forgetting it soon and might need to be reminded, but because in its own way it was funny...after the fact.
My son called and suggested we all get together this week end for a visit, eat and then maybe take the boys for a good swim to burn off some of that excess energy they seem to have accumulated over the past few months. Sounded good to us, so we made arrangements to meet at "Welcome to Moe's", which is a very favorite of the boys. Since he had not seen The Little Princess in sometime, her Mommy and Daddy along with Little Princess were invited to join us.
Mommy had already made plans to work Saturday, but big brother got in touch with her before she was left stranded without a car. Daddy was enlisted for babysitting and needed transportation that would include a car with a car seat for baby girl, since he drives an ugly green truck. Little Princesses should never be found in an ugly green truck. Not now, not ever!
We were all finally there and trying to make a little sense out of the bedlam that can be created when you have three hungry little boys or even just three little boys, hungry or full. Their Daddy had gotten their order, left it at the table for them to eat and they were to get their own drinks. Daddy left the lids to the cups at his place across the table. I was trying to be helpful by getting Beautiful Blue Eyes settled in to eating his soft taco, which was hot and sticking stubbornly to the foil.
I managed to finally pry it loose, hand it over to him and was silently bragging on myself for accomplishing my good deed for the day, when suddenly I feel a rush of ice cold something or other in my lap, just a brief instance before I heard Little Free Spirit utter a "Ut Oh!
I don't know which hit first...the ut oh or the splash of liquid.
Kids cups must be made to hold at least a quart of liquid or half gallon or maybe even a gallon even though they don't appear to hold that much. They must. Because I know I was dripping with at least a quart or more in just my pants.
Now is a good time to mention that after walking this morning we made a special trip back by the house so I could change into some nice clean clothes...a clean pink top and yes, a clean pair of white pants. Those white pants didn't stay white very long at all. About five minutes after we got together with them.
Oh yes, there was at least a half gallon of liquid on the floor under the table, under my chair, and just about everywhere nine chairs can cover, but mostly under my chair. Did anyone who worked there race over to help us? No, no, no, no, no! Not a single one. And they weren't that busy.
I'm suspecting they've seen this group of three boys before and decided it would just be best to let us sit in our river of pink lemonade rather than clean it up and then have to do it all over again.
My daughter did make an effort to clean up some of it while I continued to drip along the side lines. She probably used up most of Welcome to Moe's annual allowance of napkins and it would have served them right if she had. You don't just leave old folks with liquid pouring from their bodies....and their clothes. They might catch pneumonia!
In all fairness, it was just an accident. He was only trying to get his lid, which his Dad should have put within his reach. His little arm just tipped the cup over. And I forgave him, once I regained myself.
My daughter thought it was funny. She said the look on my face was priceless and I can only imagine she's right because it was indeed a priceless feeling. One I don't care to experience everyday.
So much for a clean top and clean white pants. And so much for making a trip by the nearby Joanne's. I'm not sure I could have explained those tie-dyed pants I was sporting. At least the pink lemonade was a pretty good match for the top.
Yes, I forgave Little Free Spirit, but as for his Father, I'm still harboring a bit of hostility towards him. He'd better be careful. Next time I may put him in the line of fire instead of me.
And close your ears and eyes, Little Princess, me thinketh you already know too many ways to get into trouble and don't need any tips from the cousins.
1 comment:
It was hilarious! And, sweet little, whatever you call him, he was so apologetic about it. He said, "It was an accident." And, yes, it truly was an accident. He is such a sweet child!
Post a Comment