Thursday, March 27, 2008
Just as we were beginning a fun day with the three little denims in our lives, I found myself in the middle of another run-in with excitement. Beautiful Blue Eyes fell asleep just as they arrived at the park near our house so Granddaddy volunteered to stay in the car while the other two boys hit the playground before moving on to a picnicking at the park. It's a nice park with a playground centered around an area for both smaller kids and the bigger kids.
I was chasing after the boys when a couple or three larger sized young women were blocking the walk way. I had to go off the walk way to get around them. Then I realized they were in a verbal combat with a woman who had just gone before me.
I had noticed the woman earlier because she had pulled a quilt out of her car and carried it along with an armful of other things and headed toward the playground area.
The young women were beginning to get quite a attitude with someone as I came up to them and made a few nasty remarks to someone, which I noticed was that woman. Apparently they were blocking her way as she attempted to go past them. She made the comment to them that she needed to keep up with her child, who appeared to be around 2.
I have to admit, I was a bit disturbed since I managed to find myself between the group of upset women and the other woman. I wasn't too sure we wouldn't have a gang-related shooting there in the middle of the playground area! That's putting it mildly. How have things changed so much right here in our own area? It is such a nice park, but I guess it just shows no matter how nice areas are, they can still attract the unattractive at times.
Later I asked the targeted woman if she knew those girls and she assured me they had just pulled that completely out of nowhere. She didn't know them. At first I had thought maybe they were acquaintances who were just jabbing each other, but that wasn't true at all.
Anyway, it was a bit of excitement...It ended without problems, but it sure made me think...I was beginning to worry that I had chosen that park for my little denims to play in.
Another interesting thing...this park was filled with childen. Most of them were pre-school aged children brought to the park by either their parent or their sitter/nanny/grandparent. My older two little denims were the oldest ones there, but they didn't let that stop them. They are used to playing with younger brother, so they found fun things to do that included some of the older kids.
Beautiful Blue Eyes didn't wake up from his nap until it was time to eat our picnic, but he did get to play later in the afternoon.
Later we moved on to Chick-a-lay for ice creams and milk shakes and more fun on the outside play area.
And Beautiful Blue Eyes is potty trained. For the most part.
When I get a chance to go through all the pictures we made for the day, I'll see if I can pick out some good ones and post. And I still have a job finishing up the pictures of Little Princess during the Easter season. My, what a job I have in store for me.
And, Little Princesses' Mommy needs to add some blogs to her site now, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will get the pictures off the cards soon, so you can post them. We had a good time at the park with the boys and their Mom. It was nice to be able to see them again. Hope it will not be so long before we see them again.
Post a Comment