Friday, August 7, 2009

Just the bare-bottom facts for you

Mommy had given permission for Annabelle and me to watch a few cartoons while she and Granddaddy were working on putting new flooring down and re-hooking the dryer vent in the utility room. (I still say Granddaddy is being babied way too much for my broken shoulder, but I guess he figures if he can milk it for all it's worth, why not?)

Annabelle watched a few of the Jon and Katie Plus 8 before she became antsy and had to move on. She decided to search through her little bag of supplies I have for her to use for her hair when she comes to visit. Well, inside that bag were a couple of boxes of bandages. She had to pull them out to examine them more closely and wanted to know if they were hers (after all they were in her little bag.) So she proceeds to open the box and spread them all over the floor in Annabelle fashion. She decided she wanted one on her body somewhere, anywhere, so since she had a mosquito bite on her back side I pasted one over the injured spot.

"I go show Mommy," says she as she flies to the utility room before I can remind her Mommy was on the outside of the house pushing the dryer vent back into the house. Not to worry.

Into the utility room still shouting, " Mommy, Mommy, I need you, Mommy, Mommy, where are you? Mommy, Mommy, come see!" When she realized Mommy was at the hole in the wall, so she dropped to the floor onto her tummy and scooted her little bare-bottom over as close to the dryer hole as she can get. "Look, Mommy, look!" Then her Mommy saw the bandaid on her cute little bare bottom. Mommy couldn't miss it. She was on the ladder and at direct eye level. "I see! says Mommy.

Granddaddy reminded me of this little episode at lunch today when we were talking about things she had done yesterday. He said he wished he had the camera handy when it happened so he could get pictures. The movie camera would have been best to capture this moment in her life.

Why was she bare-bottomed, you ask? Just because she's Annabelle and she can be bare-bottomed. Also when she goes potty, it's fun and easier to drop your panties and leave them when there's no one handy to pull them up.

No comments: