Little Princess came to visit for a while today. She had been with her parents to the local fall days festival and had been treated to a fun day with a parade. She was getting tired and needed a little rest so Mommy and Daddy brought her by to see us so she could take her much needed afternoon nap.
When she finally got to our house, I greeted them at the door and took her. Granddaddy was in the family room and heard us talking. He says, "Who's that?", to which Little Princess peeked her head around the corner replied, "It's me!" Funny, funny little sweetheart. Gotta love her little expressions nowadays. She's at such a wonderful, enjoyable age! I love and appreciate our time with her. Well, most of them, anyway.
She has gotten to be a mess when it comes to going down for a nap. I spent at least an hour with her on the "big bed" the other day trying to get her to take nap. I was able to get a quick snooze in with an on and off start while she sat in the middle of the bed just looking around. She sat quietly and looked at her books, too, without bothering anything until I finally gave it up. Then she wanted to pull stuff out to play with. But naptime didn't take place until she really got cranky nearer dinner time and she had to stop for about five minutes refresher, then it was enough to carry her through until at least 8:00 or 8:30.
She did finally get her needed nap today and when I heard her stirring about I went in and got her up and we managed a quick walk up the street before Mommy and Daddy scooped her up to take her away. She was going to spend a little time with her other favorite grandmommy, Nona. She's had a busy day, today. But she enjoys most of her days to the fullest, anyway.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment