Wednesday, August 6, 2008

She is filled with so many new things...

I am so far behind on my blogging I'll never get caught up, but just because it's something I don't want to forget I'll add this...

For some reason Annabelle wasn't very cooperative with her mommy today and they were closer to afternoon getting over here so she could stay with us so Mommy could work. Well, really at least it was very close to lunch time!

We did our usual...eat, play, sleep, eat, play, etc.

While she was having her snack of peaches later in the afternoon, she looked on my refrigerator and saw a picture of my other daughter's (in reality, the little girl who lived across the street, who grew up to be a mommy, herself and one of my daughter's best friends) baby girl. She kept pointing at it and saying..."Bebe, At-tie". She had finally spoken her words that she has known forever and let me know she recognized baby Adie. She has spoken of her brother before but this was the first time I had heard her put a name to Adie.

Before lunch she had wanted to play out on the screened in porch because she remembered we had played out there a few times before. It's a good place to play even though it's hot outside. (It was only 92 in the shade.) There are no mosquitos to annoy us; I don't have to worry about a car hitting her; and it's just plain pleasant to hear the birds singing out there. Did I mention, though, it's hot out there, but it would have been hot in the front yard, too.

We did have to make a couple of runs into the house to grab a couple of bears...namely Teddy and Carebear. Later she had to have a bapkin (that's her word for napkin.) She didn't want to go back in to play for any length of time even though the air conditioning felt awfully good. She was perfectly happy being "outside". That may present a problem when the hot weather turns into winter weather, but we'll take that day when it comes.

Another thought...When Mommy left her with us this morning she hugged and kissed her and then stood at the door and watched her as she left. She would tell her "Bye!" and close the kitchen door, open it slightly, peek out, tell her bye again and close it again and again until Mommy finally left.

Little Princess would mention Mommy during the day, frequently. Even though she was quite content with us, Mommy was never far away in her thoughts. I would tell her Mommy would be back later and ask her if she knew where Mommy was. She smiled and said, "Bye". I would tell her Mommy went to work, and asked her again where her Mommy was. She would say, "Burk." That was her word for work. She gets a few first letters crossed at times, but nothing that's that crucial, I don't think, once you understand her own little version of the word.

She has really come out with her words over the last few weeks. It's amazing how they hold those words in and then suddenly let them loose. She said several other things that were new to me, but I can't remember all of them now. This is such a wonderful age to be around a little one!

After she and I had played for a while on the porch, she looked toward the door and smiled and said, "Mama!", but she continued to play. I turned around and surely enough there stood her mommy watching her play. When the door pulled opened, she immediately started to move her her little table where she was sitting playing with her little teaset and said, "No, no! MINE! My chair, my chair!" She headed toward the glider chair she claims as her own when anyone else comes near. She only allows her teddy and/or Carebear to sit there when she isn't using it. They negotiated, and Mommy won. This time.

She's really not being obnoxiously hateful; she's just trying to establiish her boundaries, too, since it appears that lately she's finding more established for her!

Someday I'll catch up on my previous posts. I'm still recovering for now, and there are just too many pictures to choose that are so cute, it's tiring just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Mommy Belle said...

It makes me smile to read about y'all's day! She is really starting to come out with her words. It is amazing!