Monday, June 15, 2009

Airport Park and Picnic with Annabelle

Thursday, May 28, 2009
Annabelle’s Mom called to see what we were doing and if we’d like to join the two of them for a picnic at either the park at the airport near their house or at McDaniel’s Farm near ours. Annabelle finally chose the airport park near her house after we had made plans to go to McDaniel Farm.

Granddaddy has been working on painting the ceiling to the carport and he was still working on it and wanted to complete taping around it so he could work on it later. But, of course, he was all up for taking a few hours out to spend time with Annabelle and her Mommy. I was so surprised! Not!

We packed our picnic goodies and were just getting ready to pull out of the driveway when her Mommy called to see how far we were on the way down. Annabelle was refusing to wash her hands despite threats we would stop our picnic at the park and not come down at all. When she was given a choice of us staying home since we were still at home. The little stink told me, “No, don’t come.” She stuck to her guns, but we headed there anyway. Mommy finally had to pick her up and use Mommy rules before she got to go to the park. She is one stubborn little kid when she wants to be. She had shown that to me yesterday when she refused to finish her dinner and get some Bugles treats. She called them Doritos.

Just as we were pulling off the expressway her Mommy called again to tell us she was almost there. Then she realized she had left her part of the picnic at home on the counter. We offered to go by there since we were closer, but she wanted to turn around and go back for it. So, we continued on to the park expecting a miracle for us to continue on this picnic.

We were able to get the table set up with her favorite Snow White/Disney tablecloth we have been using on some of our picnics. It was a little brisk and the sun decided to peek out but we were underneath a nice covered top of steel. Granddaddy met them at the parking lot and escorted them in. We had a nice picnic, but not before Annabelle spotted the pools of water trapped underneath the picnic area. She tromped through those puddles, back and forth, back and forth in her tennis shoes. But she had loads of fun!

She played on the playground (after being slicked up with sunscreen) for quite some time. She rode the planes which were the little back and forth see saw type things. She piloted the plane sometimes and invited Mommy to pilot it at other times as she became the co-pilot. Then she moved over to the “castle” as she called it. The Castle became a bus which she also collected the money and drove across the city, with Mommy as it’s only passenger. Sounds about as efficient as our federal government, doesn’t it? But she did try to get her second passenger on board, namely me, but I told her it was very difficult for me to climb those steps and if I fell and got hurt that would mean I wouldn’t be able to spend as much time with her as I’d like.

She did get to swing in the swings as Mommy pushed her up to the sky. She didn’t let a little (really lot, lot, lot) of hot sun keep her from enjoying her day at the park. We stayed there for a good while, while she changed from fun thing to another.

I know she was very tired and exhausted when got home for her nap in the afternoon. And probably when she went to bed, too, if she wasn’t too hyped up.

We left them around mid afternoon and back home for Granddaddy to start his work again. And I could work for a while playing around trying to figure out PSE 5. It’s getting a little easier for me since I bought a very expensive book over the internet. It just seemed to help make some of the things clearer so I could finally have a light bulb moment. I’m certainly not the expert I want to be, but I’m getting there and it’s more fun with each new thing I learn new.

No comments: