Today Annabelle's Mommy and I went to our usual semi-annual consignment at a big church near them. Granddaddy and I left early and waited outside until we saw there was life in the house. Annabelle stayed in bed until around 9:00 per Granddaddy, who drew the straw to stay home with her while we played around.
Mommy and I left around 8:30 to stand in line for almost another hour before they finally let us in...almost ffteen minutes late.
I went in my favorite direction...to the toy department...and Mommy headed for the clothes.
I was a little disappointment in the fun toys I was looking for, but I did find a cute, cute small, soft Cabbage Patch kid, maybe 6" tall. She was a little red head so I needed to take her home for Annabelle! She was only $1.50! Also, I found another Cabbage Patch Kid with a sticker that said she was only $5.00. I scooped her up. She was supposed to be new. Well, maybe the owner didn't notice some little kid had placed their artistic mark on her face with a red marker, but she was still in very good condition, overall.
I also gathered up a few other goodies for her Mommy's approval or disapproval and moved on to the books. I felt someone crowding me out and looked up and there stood her mother. I was very surprised because she never finishing finding clothes in that short period of time. She had promised herself she would only spend (X) number of dollars on those clothes.
Then we moved on to the reject room only to find someone had the nerve to occupy our little room before we could get there, so we moved to a corner of the room and sat on the floor to decide which ones she would keep and which she would put back.
I showed her my goodies first and of course, she didn't want me to get the big Cabbage Patch Kid. (Annabelle had just this past week taken one of her mother's old dolls back home (Rebecca Ann) and I guess her bed is beginning to be filled to the point where the child will be able to use them as a means of escaping from her bed.
Reluctantly I put the doll back with the hopes that some other little girl would get her. (Before we left we went back over to the toy area and saw that someone had picked her up and put her with their things, so I felt a little better putting her back.)
Her Mother managed to cull out a few of the cute clothes and kept within $2.00, but put another one back to keep within the limits, with the exception of a couple of books she did buy for Annabelle. After taxes she still went over the set goal but she found some cute outfits.
That is a first for us. We usually have to wait for the classrooms to clear out and the parents to go through pick up before we can continue our shopping, but this time we managed to get out before all that mayhem started.
We found a garage sale on the way back to their house. Guess what I found? Several more of the little small dolls and a very small replica of Annabelle's favorite teddy bear. It wasn't made by the same company, but it was so close you couldn't tell it. So, I bought it so teddy wouldn't be lonesome. And I found some smaller little dolls like McDonald's has had in the past. I couldn't leave them there. They were a quarter each but the lady told me I could have them all for $.50. I can't pass up a bunch of dolls and a teddy bear for $.50. I don't know who loves them more, Annabelle or me!
We got back to their house and Annabelle was glad to see me. I showed her Little Teddy and Baby Lorraine (She is a baby match for her bigger Cabbage Patch Kid, Lorraine.) She liked Little Teddy best, of course, but they both must go through the washing machine before she can have them. That's Mommy's job.
I had missed her this morning since she was in bed when we left. I got my loving and Mommy pulled out the clothes she had bought. She and I talked about them and I asked her which one she liked best and she picked the wildest color in the batch and said that one was her favorite. It was a lime colored beach jacket with matching Pooh Bear bathing suit. She loves her loud colors! I think she loved them all, but that was her favorite just based on the color.
We went to lunch at Piccadilly and she spotted a muffin I had gotten for her after she finished her lunch. She knew it was for her because I usually get her one when we go there. She ate a fairly good lunch after begging for Mommy's biggest piece of fish. It was better than hers. She also didn't want to eat her carrott souffle. She wanted the food from her Mommy's bowl. Mommy had to be sneaky and load it from Annabelle's plate and pretend it came from Mommy's bowl...then she wanted to finished up what Mommy had, but Mommy had already given her the last bite of fish (which Mommy really wanted) and she wasn't going to give her all of the remainder in her bowl.
We ended the day once we were back at her house. She needed a nap and so did we. I got part of mine on the way home. But it was a fun day anyway.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment