Saturday when Annabelle left our house she grabbed up the $2 teddy bear she had refused to have anything to do with when I bought it last week. She had a change of heart and decided that since I had asked her if I could give it to her great-aunt, she figured I just might be serious about it.
She began to talk about the Teddy Bear that Grandmomma and Granddaddy had given her for her birthday which was her precious teddy bear and then she talked about the other Teddy Bear that Grandmomma and Granddaddy had given her. This was the $2 one we had given her recently.
I think she was putting this together in her little mind and it helped make her mind up to carry the $2 bear home with her when she left that day. Maybe she knew she had a need for the chubby $2 bear before the week end was over.
Today when we got to her house, Mommy took me to the clothes she had washed for Annabelle after her illness. There lay Teddy, her beloved Teddy. And he smelled...clean, really clean! I couldn't imagine how Mommy had gotten her precious teddy away from her for a good washing, but I found out later when I read her blog.
She was holding the $2 Teddy when she finally woke up this morning and carried it around most of the day until she finally pretend cried for Teddy Bear and I told her she knew where he was. She went over to the table and found him. I suggested she not keep the two of them together so that at least one would be clean and fresh in case she needed it later for loving. She agreed to that until bedtime. Then she wanted both of them in bed with her. Sorry, Mommy, she just has lots of love to go around, I guess.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment