She is truly my baby girl, or at least she's got a lot of me in her (poor baby) and definitely got a double dose of her great-grandmama in her. In quite a few ways. It always amazes me how many ways she is like her.
While she was visiting with us today I decided it was time for her to test her taste pallete on a very little appreciated delicious gourmet delight. Buttermilk. I totally expected her to turn those cute little lips down at me, but after the first reaction, she actually loved it. Spoonful by spoonful I fed her the delicacy, 1/4 cup at a time until she had consumed at least 1/2 cupful. She called it butter-bilk.
I'm so glad I could be the first to introduce her to the world of wonderful foods.
Somewhere I had failed miserably with her mommy. She sat in the corner with awful looks on her face like I was poisoning her child. She didn't really expect her to drink it like she did and she was repulsed by the thought.
Buttermilk was one of two things that kept me alive during my first pregnancy with my son. That and apples. I know, it sounds repulsive even to me and just the sounds of it would probably make most people want to throw up. But it really did help keep something (it)and the apple on my stomach for many months. Somehow it also kept me nourished through those long months of throwing up. I was one of the lucky ones who threw up all nine months at least at one point during the day. Later days definitely got easier, but still always that one time, at least.
It certainly didn't seem to have an ill effect on my son. He turned out just fine, as far as I know. So, if and when you ever have a baby and suffer so much throwing up like your Grandmomma, little Princess, just remember, try Buttermilk and apples.
It certainly can't hurt.
Some people just don't know what they've missed! You're just going another form of rebellion, Little Princess, when you drink that buttermilk. Mommy doesn't like it, so you do. Keep up the good work. She deserves it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gag! I even tried to vanilla milk, and she won't drink it! Maybe I need to buy her some "butterbilk!"
Post a Comment