Friday, August 8, 2008

Some more bits and pieces from vacation/present days

Just some more thoughts I wanted to record that happened while we were away on our trip a couple of weeks ago.

This one is something Little Princess has been doing for some time now. Don't know exactly how long its happened but to me, it's cute:

When we give her food, she instantly thinks it's hot and she runs her hand over the top of it in voo doo style, circle wise. You have to see it for it to be so funny, I'm sure, but it is so cute. And, of course, she informs us it's hot whether it is or not!

Speaking of using her hands, I've noticed she is a bit Italian...she speaks so much with her hands. That mouth runs and those hands express whatever she's trying to say. Have you noticed that, too, Mommy? If not, watch her sometimes. She's very expressive.

Also, while we were riding along probably on the way back home from our trip, I can't remember exactly, I heard a little, "oof, oof", coming from the carseat next to me. I thought Annabelle had seen a dog outside, but I didn't see one, so I looked at her and she was pointing up to the sky. It was covered with the most beautiful puffy clouds! She kept saying "Oof, oof!" I asked her did she see some doggies in those clouds? She smiled so big and said, "Yah!"

Apparently her creativity is beginning to shine through. I can remember days of lying on the ground looking up and seeing all kinds of magical creatures in the clouds around me as well. It certainly wasn't at 20-21 months old,I don't think, but we'll document this for her just in case she doesn't remember her first experience with "seeing things" in those clouds!

And, this isn't all that big a deal, but it was funny to me anyway...while we were playing on the porch the other day she had assigned a little yellow tea cup for me. She would pour the tea into my cup and I would drink out of it. Somehow I got side tracked and put the cup down while searching for something else. I forgot to pick it up again, but she wouldn't let me forget for long. She immediately went over and got my little yellow cup for us to continue our tea. This happened on several different occasions. She just couldn't let me get away with putting my cup down. I was to have it in my possession at all times while we were having our tea party!

1 comment:

Mommy Belle said...

Great memory you have (sometimes)! I had forgotten about the cloud thing. Cute summary!